Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

Old February 26th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Default Chocolates for him

In the 50s, when chocolate companies began encouraging people to celebrate Valentine's Day in Japan, a mistranslation from one company gave people the idea that it was customary for women to give chocolate to men on the holiday. And that's what they do to this day. On February 14, the women of Japan shower their men with chocolate hearts and truffles, and on March 14 the men return the favor. An all around win for the chocolate companies!

Now when i cruise I am going to remind all female friends about the idea of chocolates for me.
Old March 7th, 2015, 01:51 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie View Post
In the 50s, when chocolate companies began encouraging people to celebrate Valentine's Day in Japan, a mistranslation from one company gave people the idea that it was customary for women to give chocolate to men on the holiday. And that's what they do to this day. On February 14, the women of Japan shower their men with chocolate hearts and truffles, and on March 14 the men return the favor. An all around win for the chocolate companies!

Now when i cruise I am going to remind all female friends about the idea of chocolates for me.
March 14 is called "White Day" in Japan. This custom is very outdated and rarely followed anymore - except by the elderly.
Old March 12th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Default Any excuse to get chocolate is good for me.

I'll play the age card to get chocolate. I like it.