Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Seeking Cruise Companion

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 14th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Ptarmigan Ptarmigan is offline
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London - for now!
Posts: 2
Default 33/f looking to share Cunard transatlantic cabin, flexible dates

Hello there,

I'm looking for someone who would like to share a Cunard transatlantic crossing cabin on the Queen Mary 2, potentially on any date, either one way from Southampton - NYC or NYC - Southampton.

This seems to be the only transatlantic crossing where dogs are allowed on board (in a separate kennel area - not in the cabin!), and I will need to get my dog both to and from New York from the UK a couple of times this coming year - so I'm flexible on dates, and can time my trips to fit in with the crossings.

For me this is a way of getting from a to b without stressing my poor old dog out, but the cost of a cabin as a single is higher than I can justify for this luxury!

I'm a 33-y-o married woman from the UK, very considerate and hopefully easy to share a space with. I would be spending a lot of time working and with my dog in the kennel/play area (and in the gym!), so I might not make a great match for someone who is primarily looking for a social companion to spend a lot of time with, though I am not unfriendly! Being female myself I guess I would be more comfortable sharing with another woman.

If this might fit with your travel plans, please do get in touch.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:36 AM
MrCruzer MrCruzer is offline
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 14
Default

Hi, I'm a 63-year old retired gentlemen and have been doing this crossing once a year for several years. Tired of paying the double occupancy rate I'm looking for a cabin mate to share the cost. Like you I'm not looking for a social companion, and although not at all unfriendly, I'm somewhat reserved and I'm perfectly content spending time by myself reading, relaxing and enjoying what this great ship has to offer. I'm looking at some dates and it looks like the 8-day crossing from NYC to Southampton on 24 July with a stop in Halifax, NS would work best for me. Let me know if you are interested.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 20th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Bevels10 Bevels10 is offline
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 10
Default Looking to take the May 17 crossing from NY to Southampton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan View Post
Hello there,

I'm looking for someone who would like to share a Cunard transatlantic crossing cabin on the Queen Mary 2, potentially on any date, either one way from Southampton - NYC or NYC - Southampton.

This seems to be the only transatlantic crossing where dogs are allowed on board (in a separate kennel area - not in the cabin!), and I will need to get my dog both to and from New York from the UK a couple of times this coming year - so I'm flexible on dates, and can time my trips to fit in with the crossings.

For me this is a way of getting from a to b without stressing my poor old dog out, but the cost of a cabin as a single is higher than I can justify for this luxury!

I'm a 33-y-o married woman from the UK, very considerate and hopefully easy to share a space with. I would be spending a lot of time working and with my dog in the kennel/play area (and in the gym!), so I might not make a great match for someone who is primarily looking for a social companion to spend a lot of time with, though I am not unfriendly! Being female myself I guess I would be more comfortable sharing with another woman.

If this might fit with your travel plans, please do get in touch.
Hello,
I am a divorced active, fit 68 y/o female. I am independent and outgoing.
Looking to share cabin to primarily save money, to get from USA to Europe with out flying.
Thank you,
Beverly
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 20th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Ptarmigan Ptarmigan is offline
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London - for now!
Posts: 2
Default

Thanks for the replies - Beverly, it sounds like we are looking for the same thing and would make a good travel match, please feel free to send a private message with your email address so that we can correspond about it. One thing is that I probably won't be making the USA - UK crossing for a little while, as I have not got as far as getting to the USA yet! But after perhaps Christmas this year I will need to do it probably twice per year, if that's any use for you.

MrCruzer, thanks for your reply also, though Summer this year will be too early for me to go USA - UK - and ideally I am looking to travel with another woman Good luck finding someone to share your voyage though!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 21st, 2016, 01:00 PM
Bevels10 Bevels10 is offline
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 10
Default Looking to go sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan View Post
Thanks for the replies - Beverly, it sounds like we are looking for the same thing and would make a good travel match, please feel free to send a private message with your email address so that we can correspond about it. One thing is that I probably won't be making the USA - UK crossing for a little while, as I have not got as far as getting to the USA yet! But after perhaps Christmas this year I will need to do it probably twice per year, if that's any use for you.

MrCruzer, thanks for your reply also, though Summer this year will be too early for me to go USA - UK - and ideally I am looking to travel with another woman Good luck finding someone to share your voyage though!
Thanks for your reply.
However I am looking to go sooner. We can stay in touch for next year.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 5th, 2016, 01:50 PM
tonidani tonidani is offline
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 15
Smile share cruise 24 july qm2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCruzer View Post
Hi, I'm a 63-year old retired gentlemen and have been doing this crossing once a year for several years. Tired of paying the double occupancy rate I'm looking for a cabin mate to share the cost. Like you I'm not looking for a social companion, and although not at all unfriendly, I'm somewhat reserved and I'm perfectly content spending time by myself reading, relaxing and enjoying what this great ship has to offer. I'm looking at some dates and it looks like the 8-day crossing from NYC to Southampton on 24 July with a stop in Halifax, NS would work best for me. Let me know if you are interested.


hi dear my name is noure male 38 years old friendly and been cruising with qm2 5 times before i would like to ask you if you still seeking some one to share this cruise in 24 July i need to avoid pay double too am not smoking .
let me know reply me at [email protected] thx
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 5th, 2016, 01:57 PM
tonidani tonidani is offline
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan View Post
Hello there,

I'm looking for someone who would like to share a Cunard transatlantic crossing cabin on the Queen Mary 2, potentially on any date, either one way from Southampton - NYC or NYC - Southampton.

This seems to be the only transatlantic crossing where dogs are allowed on board (in a separate kennel area - not in the cabin!), and I will need to get my dog both to and from New York from the UK a couple of times this coming year - so I'm flexible on dates, and can time my trips to fit in with the crossings.

For me this is a way of getting from a to b without stressing my poor old dog out, but the cost of a cabin as a single is higher than I can justify for this luxury!

I'm a 33-y-o married woman from the UK, very considerate and hopefully easy to share a space with. I would be spending a lot of time working and with my dog in the kennel/play area (and in the gym!), so I might not make a great match for someone who is primarily looking for a social companion to spend a lot of time with, though I am not unfriendly! Being female myself I guess I would be more comfortable sharing with another woman.

If this might fit with your travel plans, please do get in touch.
am male 38 years old no smoker no drunk.friendly and have been cruising on qm2 5 times before asking someone to share cruise with me 24 july to avoid double charge rely at
[email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 5th, 2016, 01:58 PM
tonidani tonidani is offline
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevels10 View Post
Hello,
I am a divorced active, fit 68 y/o female. I am independent and outgoing.
Looking to share cabin to primarily save money, to get from USA to Europe with out flying.
Thank you,
Beverly
am male 38 years old no smoker no drunk.friendly and have been cruising on qm2 5 times before asking someone to share cruise with me 24 july to avoid double charge rely at
[email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 5th, 2016, 02:28 PM
atlanticruiser's Avatar
atlanticruiser atlanticruiser is offline
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: near Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 45
Smile TRANSATLANTIC Female Companion

This sounds great! I am interested to go from New York to Hamburg, Germany in a balcony stateroom. The cost is approximately $1000 per person (plus on-board gratuities).
I would like to share with a female ONLY, since I don't feel comfortable sharing my stateroom with males.
I'm married to a wonderful husband, but he is working and cannot go with me. Very considerate, tidy, respectful, non-smoker, non-drinker.
I do not snore at all and sleep very quiet.
Go to bed at about 11 pm. Wake up at about 8 am.
I like to exercise and take walks on board. Meeting and talking to people, sharing stories, perspectives and ideas.
I am allergic to certain chemicals including hair sprays, body talcs, perfumes and make up such as powder foundations, shadows, and anything that is in powder form. So, if a female is a heavy user of the listed above products, she most likely would not suit me.
Otherwise, if you are a female OF ANY AGE, non-smoker, do not snore and are respectful and tidy please reply asap! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 30th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Gerry van Gerry van is offline
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 24
Default Are you available dec 8 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan View Post
Hello there,

I'm looking for someone who would like to share a Cunard transatlantic crossing cabin on the Queen Mary 2, potentially on any date, either one way from Southampton - NYC or NYC - Southampton.

This seems to be the only transatlantic crossing where dogs are allowed on board (in a separate kennel area - not in the cabin!), and I will need to get my dog both to and from New York from the UK a couple of times this coming year - so I'm flexible on dates, and can time my trips to fit in with the crossings.

For me this is a way of getting from a to b without stressing my poor old dog out, but the cost of a cabin as a single is higher than I can justify for this luxury!

I'm a 33-y-o married woman from the UK, very considerate and hopefully easy to share a space with. I would be spending a lot of time working and with my dog in the kennel/play area (and in the gym!), so I might not make a great match for someone who is primarily looking for a social companion to spend a lot of time with, though I am not unfriendly! Being female myself I guess I would be more comfortable sharing with another woman.

If this might fit with your travel plans, please do get in touch.
hi I see that you already have someone but just in case you need to backup I'm a 42 year old male looking to go to Southampton out of New York I don't like to fly so this would work for me I'm meeting my family in Holland for Christmas then coming back on the 4 of January which I will also be needing a cruise mate
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old August 8th, 2016, 02:38 AM
norn norn is offline
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Whitsundays, central Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1
Default Cunard 3 queens for 35nts for $6599 departing 27/10/16

64/f looking to share a cabin on the 3 Cunard queens for 35nts for $6599 twin share. visiting half the world with airfares to Barcelona and returning to Australia including 6 nights accommodation between ships. This is through Cruise 1st.happy to share with anyone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
24, cruisemate, july, qm2, seeking, transatlantic

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cruise Companion Wanted: Flexible on dates [email protected] Seeking Cruise Companion 2 March 30th, 2015 03:02 PM
Last minute Caribbean, flexible dates aerospace Seeking Cruise Companion 5 May 1st, 2013 09:17 AM
Need a Cruise Partner, Dates Flexible ListoCrucero Carnival Cruise Lines 2 October 9th, 2012 10:00 PM
Alaska, flexible dates, SWF seeks same for travel companion Momhelper Seeking Cruise Companion 1 March 9th, 2012 08:58 PM
When will Cunard provide 2010 No Atlantic crossing dates? thommilner Cunard 1 April 1st, 2009 03:01 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 AM.
design by: Themes by Design