Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Old November 9th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Familiar Face

Thumbs up Hiring Process Questions NCL

Hello all shipmates can you tell me how long did you wait for your medical clearance and your MMD? ( Been waiting 2 weeks still no word even called and emailed my recruiter nothing)

When they book your flights to piney point and Hawaii for work do you get to pick your seats or do you have to pay for that? ( Really want a window seat or back of the plane)

How is piney point what is training like? How long is training?

What is your first day of employment on the ship do you have a break to put your stuff away were you lost and nervous do they throw you right into training?
Old November 10th, 2015, 03:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

I cant comment specifically for your cruise lines as I didnt work for NCL, but as for flights, you will at some point get your flight details and reservation no. Once you have this you should be able to login and to the airlines website and modify your booking. They will most likely pre-select a seat, but depending on the airline, you may well be able to change this afterwards when accessing your booking details. If its dont under some other kind of group booking or something, then you may not be able to do this, so will have to wait till check-in to ask if they can move your seat.

In terms of first day, it will be embarkation day, so its unlikely they will have time for training, everybody will be too busy with doing embarkation. As you will soon learn this is the busiest day of the week :-)
There will be a load of new starters, so the crew office will be processing you which in itself takes a long time. You will be standing around in port for some time. You luggage will be taken from you and put onboard also. Once onboard a team member from your department will most likely meet you and take you to your cabin to drop off any stuff, after which you will probably then go to your muster station and take part in the safety drill. You will also have to get your room key and ID badge.
You will get a bit of time in the evening to unpack your stuff and then training will happen the following day.
Old November 10th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Familiar Face

Default Sounds good

Thanks so much for getting back to me you seem like you know your stuff.
Old November 11th, 2015, 04:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerncross View Post
Thanks so much for getting back to me you seem like you know your stuff.
Well I used to work for an airline, so I have a good idea how it works with tickets ;-)
Old April 20th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Waiting call......

some lifeguard waited several months to be called?