Old January 29th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Familiar Face

Default Legend vs Inspiration

We are trying to decide between the two ships. According to the rating Legend is 4+ and Inspiration is olny a 3 star but has been recently remodeled. My Wife and I are 25 and 23 so like to stay a little active. Can anyone give us info that might help us decide between these two?
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Legend is a bigger and newer ship. Having said that, I've sailed on the Inspiration and, to date, she remains my favorite ship. I prefer the smaller older ships. The crew on the Inspiration is fabulous and, for me, that makes the cruise so much more enjoyable. I really don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Admiral

I've enjoyed sailing on both ships. There is a difference though. The Legend is a bit more elegant.

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old January 30th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Familiar Face

Thank you. We have decided to Cruise The Inspiration. Sailing out May 24 I can not wait. The worst thing about planning a cruise is the wait for the day of departue.
Old January 30th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Great choice. Actually both ships are outstanding, and my only problem with the Inspiration is that it's a shorter cruise. (I have Inspiration booked for March 10th, and Legend for December 7th) 8) I'll do a short review upon our return from the March 10th cruise, as Inspiration has gone through refit since the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I last sailed her.

Ken
"Sky"
Old January 30th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Tigress1977
Default Inspiration is great

My first cruise was on the Inspiration out of Tampa, I absolutely loved it, though so far I've been on two cruises (other on the elation) but have fun!!!
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:25 PM
Passenger

No balconeys on the Inspiration and only for 4/5 days whereas the Legeng is 7 days. Easy choice, Legend every time.
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:22 PM
Beginner

I am also considering these two ships. I asked the same question on another site and did not really get an answer, other than you will like both. My big thing is what ship will my boys 13 and 15 enjoy most? I know the water works will be fun, but I am interested in the Teen stuff. Also is 5 days REALLY a big difference than 7? I have only cruised 7 and I do not know if 5 days is really that big of a difference. Thanks for any help.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 12:49 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skubik82
Thank you. We have decided to Cruise The Inspiration. Sailing out May 24 I can not wait. The worst thing about planning a cruise is the wait for the day of departue.
Have fun ! You should enjoy the Inspiration as I did. You are so correct...the only bad thing about booking a trip is the waiting. 8)

/ticker.png">
Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Passenger

We are also comparing these two ships. We were originally booked on the leagend leaving Feb 24 and then changed it to Inspiration on the 25th of Feb. Can someone post a review about the Legend. If the 5 day is too short maybe we will do the 7 day next time. I wish Charleston S.C. cruised another place beside the Bahamas. Woul be a lot closer for me,

Old February 5th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Passenger

Location: The same as you: at my computer, planning the next cruise!
Send a message via Yahoo to shipsNdips
Default Re: Legend vs Inspiration

Quote:
We are trying to decide between the two ships. According to the rating Legend is 4+ and Inspiration is olny a 3 star but has been recently remodeled. My Wife and I are 25 and 23 so like to stay a little active. Can anyone give us info that might help us decide between these two?
Dear Skubik82 - I was actually in the same situation when trying to decide to take the Inspiration Vs. Legend. After much review and thought... I selected the Legend. Primarily because of the duration of the cruise. Hey 7 days is always better than 5! Although, the itinerary on the Inspriation sounds very enticing and there are also lots of good reviews for the Inspiration. Which, I do plan to take as well sometime in the future from Miami. It really depends on when, where, how long, and $$$$ that you are willing to spend. I feel pretty confident with my decision on choosing the Legend and I know that no matter which cruise you choose you will have a fantastic time........until you are heading back to WORK!! Ha! Best wishes and happy cruizin!

Free Cruise Clocks

When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money. ~Susan Heller

And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Barry
Old February 5th, 2008, 10:32 PM
First Mate

Hello All -

I booked a cruise on the inspiration for May 1st and as this is my first cruise I am curious about the tipping policies and such; are they mandatory ($10. PP/PD) or can I adjust?

Thanks!
Old February 6th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Passenger

Default Tipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotoJuku
Hello All -

I booked a cruise on the inspiration for May 1st and as this is my first cruise I am curious about the tipping policies and such; are they mandatory ($10. PP/PD) or can I adjust?

Thanks!
Yes.. I would say that the tip amount is "mandatory" because they do not list the tip requirement as "optional" The $10 PP/PD is a breakdown per all the crew that take care of you and your family.... and it doesn't really come out to all that much. However... some cruiselines allow you to adjust your tip at the end of your cruise and some people actually talk about adjusting the amount at times for less... but if you do adjust, I would hope it would be to tip additionally over the $10. PP/PD standards. Other cruiselines also charge you at the beginning of the cruise for the tip requirement in full. It's part of the cost...the easiest way to settle this thought is to just pay it and don't worry about it and know that you will be satisfied. I enjoy tipping above the requirement to our dining staff members and cabin Maitre'D. Even an extra $10 spot at the beginning of your cruise is a good thing to do. You will reap the benefits from it. This is probably a "sticky" subject for me because I am a firm believer in tipping. The crew work very hard and deserve every penny and more to make your vacation - one to remember. It's their job and they do it well. Good luck and remember when adding your total costs.. figure the tip amount per day... that way you know you have it covered.

Free Cruise Clocks

When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money. ~Susan Heller

And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Barry
Old February 6th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipsNdips
Quote:
Dear Skubik82 - I was actually in the same situation when trying to decide to take the Inspiration Vs. Legend. After much review and thought... I selected the Legend. Primarily because of the duration of the cruise. Hey 7 days is always better than 5! Although, the itinerary on the Inspriation sounds very enticing and there are also lots of good reviews for the Inspiration. Which, I do plan to take as well sometime in the future from Miami. It really depends on when, where, how long, and $$$$ that you are willing to spend. I feel pretty confident with my decision on choosing the Legend and I know that no matter which cruise you choose you will have a fantastic time........until you are heading back to WORK!! Ha! Best wishes and happy cruizin!
I was on the Legend in Feb 2006. Lovely ship.! Of the 3 Carnival cruises, she was my favorite.

/ticker.png">
Old February 6th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiselady82
We are also comparing these two ships. We were originally booked on the leagend leaving Feb 24 and then changed it to Inspiration on the 25th of Feb. Can someone post a review about the Legend. If the 5 day is too short maybe we will do the 7 day next time. I wish Charleston S.C. cruised another place beside the Bahamas. Woul be a lot closer for me,
I posted a review in spring of 06 and should still be on the website under ship reviews.

/ticker.png">
Old February 6th, 2008, 05:43 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Tipping

Quote:
Quote:
Hello All -

Thanks!
Yes.. I would say that the tip amount is "mandatory" because they do not list the tip requirement as "optional" The $10 PP/PD is a breakdown per all the crew that take care of you and your family.... and it doesn't really come out to all that much. However... some cruiselines allow you to adjust your tip at the end of your cruise and some people actually talk about adjusting the amount at times for less... but if you do adjust, I would hope it would be to tip additionally over the $10. PP/PD standards. Other cruiselines also charge you at the beginning of the cruise for the tip requirement in full. It's part of the cost...the easiest way to settle this thought is to just pay it and don't worry about it and know that you will be satisfied. I enjoy tipping above the requirement to our dining staff members and cabin Maitre'D. Even an extra $10 spot at the beginning of your cruise is a good thing to do. You will reap the benefits from it. This is probably a "sticky" subject for me because I am a firm believer in tipping. The crew work very hard and deserve every penny and more to make your vacation - one to remember. It's their job and they do it well. Good luck and remember when adding your total costs.. figure the tip amount per day... that way you know you have it covered.
Adjust UP? I work hard too and no one tips me.

Old February 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Tipping

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello All -

Thanks!
Adjust UP? I work hard too and no one tips me.
! Well that's your profession. If you were one of the crew members on a cruiseline that earn their wages based on tips... you might want others to adjust up for you. When I say pay additionally, I just mean that if you feel that you want to... it is nice to spot a couple extra dollars to your attendants. Sometimes when you make requests, it is nice to leave a couple extra dollars on your bed pillow or with a note you may leave in your cabin. If you do not pay anything more than the standard, that is okay too. I hear you though about working too hard and no one tipping you.. I feel that way at times too. Have fun!

Free Cruise Clocks

Old February 6th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
Quote:
Quote:
I was on the Legend in Feb 2006. Lovely ship.! Of the 3 Carnival cruises, she was my favorite.
I am so glad to hear you say that the Legend is one of your favorites. I am really looking forward to it. Take care!

Free Cruise Clocks

Old February 7th, 2008, 06:09 AM
First Mate

Ive sailed on both. I would recommend the Inspiration as the best Fantasy class ship to sail if you are on a budget. If you want more upscale and bigger, then book the Legend. The biggest difference really is that the outside pool area on the Legend is decorated fancier and the ship is longer. The atrium of the Legend is more classic and the Inspiration has a lot of neon(still a stunning effect). That being said i loved the Inspiration. I was expecting a dated ship when i sailed on her for the first time. Instead i was suprised how great she looked. I thought she was only a few years old. Im sailing on her again in April and i can't wait!!

MAY 2011 - CARNIVAL GLORY
MAY 2010 - CARNIVAL DREAM
MAY 2009 CARNIVAL FASCINATION
APR 2008 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JUN-2007 CARNIVAL SENSATION
NOV-2006 CARNIVAL LEGEND
APR-2006 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JAN -2000 CARNIVAL IMAGINATION