Old August 8th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Beginner

Default NCL Sky. The shorter the cruise......

Is it true, the shorter the cruise, the more budgeted they are. Its less luxurious and lower quality. I heard that the staff dont treat you as well because the clientele is known to be the younger party animals looking for a cheap getaway. Is this true? Has anyone experienced this? Im taking my mother on her first cruise in November and this is the one I chose.
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Captain

Yes and no. There, didn't that help?

Okay, these comments are generalities so it doesn't mean it will be so on your cruise. Usually, older ships are used for the short (3-5 nights) cruises. This means you may not be as wow-ed by your ship as you might on a 7+ day cruise. It doesn't mean they aren't clean, well-maintained and a lot of fun, just a bit older.

Crew friendlines. I have not found this to be true, although I do find the staff a bit more haried on shorter cruises. Turning a ship around is a lot of work and makes for long days, so I think maybe the short cruise staff is a bit tired.

I think you will have a good experience if you go expecting to have one.
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Beginner

good explanation Magnolia. I will have a good time.
Old September 13th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Beginner

JUST CAME BACK FROM A TRIP ON THE SKY. WENT FROM MONDAY TIL FRIDAY.. WAS AWESOME. FOOD WAS GREAT AND STAFF WAS WONDERFUL.. COULDNT ASK FOR ANY BETTER. THEY MADE U FEEL LIKE KINGS AND QUEENS.. WOULD GO AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT... HAVE FUN.. IF U GET TO FREEPORT CK INTO THE SANDDOLLAR CRUISE.. U GET TO LOOK FOR SANDDOLLARS!!! WAS AWESOME. LOTS OF DIFFERENT ENTERTAINMENT ON SHIP ..WHIT HOT PARTY TOO. WEAR WHITE AND DANCE!!!
Old September 14th, 2009, 03:00 PM
First Mate

Default HEY MOM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie101
JUST CAME BACK FROM A TRIP ON THE SKY. WENT FROM MONDAY TIL FRIDAY.. WAS AWESOME. FOOD WAS GREAT AND STAFF WAS WONDERFUL.. COULDNT ASK FOR ANY BETTER. THEY MADE U FEEL LIKE KINGS AND QUEENS.. WOULD GO AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT... HAVE FUN.. IF U GET TO FREEPORT CK INTO THE SANDDOLLAR CRUISE.. U GET TO LOOK FOR SANDDOLLARS!!! WAS AWESOME. LOTS OF DIFFERENT ENTERTAINMENT ON SHIP ..WHIT HOT PARTY TOO. WEAR WHITE AND DANCE!!!
HEY Mom!! Glad you had a awesome time...you gotta talk Fred into going!

Connie is right (AKA my mom). It was not less luxurious in anyway. Same great service and quality! I didn't see a party animal crowd like you would find on most carnival ships. NCL is a nice choice for your mom!! Make sure you check out some of the shows to in the evening. We really enjoyed them!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Old September 19th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

I just got off of the Sky yesterday from a 4 day cruise. We had no problems with the staff or the food. Everything went great for us. My GF and I always talk to other cruisers and staff. We had a great time.
10-2004 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
10-2006 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
12-2006 Enchantment Of The Seas- Western Carib.
05-2008 Monarch Of The Seas- Baja Mexico
09-2009 NCL Sky- Bahamas
03-2010 Celebrity Century- Western Carib.
10-2010 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
10-2010 Liberty Of The Seas- Coco Cay
11-2010 Freedom Of The Seas- Labadee, Haiti
11-2010 Monarch Of The Seas- Bahamas