Old January 6th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Conquest or Carribean Princess

I am looking at going to the carribbean in September and would like advice on which one of these ships people perfer. The Carnival Conquest or the Carribean Princess.
Old January 6th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Familiar Face

Hey Archie...My husband and sailed the Conquest in 2004. We had a great time the food was okay, the rooms were excellent , the ports of call even better, Service could have been better in only some areas. We had a blast every night at the piano bar. Didn't see to many shows due to the fact that we were having so much fun singing along at the piano bar. What was even better was our post and pre visit in NOLA. I quess you might miss that part. what ever you do I'am certain you will have great time. J Block
Old January 6th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Admiral

all things being equal I would go on Caribbean Princess for two reasons, newer ship more bells and whistles...private island which Conquest cannot offer

also CP does an eastern cruise and Conquest does western and I prefer eastern
Old January 7th, 2006, 03:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

We would end up doing western carribbean on either ship. Both ships go to Cozumel and Grand Caymen. CP goes to Ochos Rios, while the Conquest goes to Mo. Bay and then of course CP goes to their private island. I have sailed on an older Carinval ship (Inspiration) So I know kinda what to expect but I have never gone with Princess before.
Old January 7th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Admiral

I sailed on the CP in Sept. 2004 she is a beauty. I would sail on her again. The food was great and the private island is a BIG plus, it was a day of relaxing and lots of fun. The crew was great, robally the most entertainment I have had on any of my cruises. I don't think you you would go wrong with her.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old January 7th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Admiral

I forgot to say, I got to stay out 2 extra days because of the hurricane, it was AWESOME. Sunshine and 85, life was good. the crew worked very hard to provide us with different entertainment and phone lines and e-mail was opened up to us to change our travel arrangements and to let people at home know we were ok. 9 days for the price of 7 life was good. If you can get a balcony. It is so wonderful to wake up and have coffee delivered and relax on your balcony while the others are getting ready. To me it was well worth the money. My daughter slept out there for the 9 days, our stuwart just got her a eg crate mattress and made her bed out there everynight. She wanted to be close to the ocean and hear it all night. She loved it. Have a great trip.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old January 7th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Admiral

I was on the CB Princess with CarolB. We met through sites like these and have remained friends. It is a wonderful ship. The Movies Under the Stars is a big plus, too. We had a great time.
A balcony is terrific and we just had one on the Star Princess. However, if you can't get up to that level,Hubby and I had just as good a time in an inside cabin!!!

Have a wonderful trip! Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old January 15th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Admiral

I would do the Conquest because of the fun to be had all the time. Princess rolls up the corridors after the final dinner and all are tucked into bed.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 31st, 2006, 11:03 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to wcruises Send a message via Yahoo to wcruises
Default Caribbean Princess

I have not cruised on Conquest, but I sailed on CP last fall and had a wonderful time. The ship is beautiful!! We only had an inside cabin, but the room is only for sleeping and showering, right?? ! We found tons to do on the ship and we had many nights that didn't end until the wee hours of the morning, thanks to lots of dancing in the disco. Tradewinds pool bar has the best staff! Thanks Jiggy and Ernesto for such great service!! We also loved the anytime dining! Flexibility is great, especially for the days at port. I would definitely sail this ship again!
Carnival Fantasy 10/08
Caribbean Princess 10/07
Carnival Pride 04/07
Carnival Sensation 11/06
Costa Magica 04/06
Celebrity Zenith 12/05
Caribbean Princess 09/05
Empress of the Seas 05/05