Old July 24th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Summit

Default Triumph 5 Night Canad

Hi, I'm thinking ot taking a last minute cruise on the Triumph doing the 5 night Canada from NYC to St. Johns and Halifax. Anyone done this cruise this summer? What is the weather like in Canada i.e. temperature? What's fun to do? Any suggestions for excursions that would interest a 13 year old? Just wanted some basic feedback on this sailing. Thanks in advance for any replies!
Old July 24th, 2005, 10:02 AM
clem

Default Re: Triumph 5 Night Canad

We did this cruise a few years ago with an 11yr old, and 9 yr. old. It is a nice cruise, but definitely NOT the caribbean! We went in August...the high temp on the ship was about 68 degrees. We went to see the Reversing Falls in St. John, but really did not do much else. In fact, we got back on the ship early, and enjoyed the pools when they weren't so crowded (yes...the kids still swam even though it wasn't HOT!) Halifax was beautiful. We did the Harbor Hopper tour, which was a land/water vehicle....kids thought it was great! The kids actually had more fun on the ship...but they enjoyed the time they spent on land too! I would recommend this...especially if it is a first time cruise. But just remember...you'll need a sweater/sweatshirt most of the time!
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi! We just did this one from June 27-July2, had a great time. The weather was quite foggy, and alittle cold, so don't forget the sweatshirt. The two ports were fine, we booked the double decker bus, that was ok, 39 a head, was alittle high, but it was fun to just tour, in halifax we just walked around and shopped at the pier. The was fun, we bought some really cool hand made wooden things. The ship is beautiful, very large and you WILL get lost!! We went with our two daughters, 18 and 14, so they hung out together, our oldest enjoyed the spa and the yougest people watched and enjoyed the shows. The food was great, the staff very pleasant, it was a great cruise for us. Enjoy!! ~Faith
Old July 25th, 2005, 02:17 PM
tinna

i went in june to halifax, and i had a wonderful time there, some people went on tours but booked them at the pier, but i just walked around halifax and took the the sights at the pier. the ship is very nice and the service is good.