Old September 13th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Captain

Default Information on the Infinity please

I have cruised quite a few times, however only once with Celebrity on the Mercury for a full transit of the Panama Canal. Let me just say we had a good cruise on the Mercury but it did not make us want to come back to Celebrity. There were just some things that did not appeal to us.

I do feel it is only fare to try Celebrity again because any cruise line can have a bad cruise at least once in a while. We are about to book a cruise on the Infinity because some friends of ours want us with them for their 50th birthday and 20th anniversary.

What I would like is any information you can give me about the Infinity. What you feel are its good points and even what you may not like will help. I know Celebrity has good service and when we go it will be our third time for a full transit of the Panama Canal so information on the ship is more what I am looking for.

Any iformation will be appreciated. Maybe the Infinity will peak my interest in Celebrity more then the Mercury did.
Old September 13th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The Millennium Class ships are my personal favorites. I think they have terrific traffic flow, and the ship's main lounges through Rendezvous Square... with the Champagne Bar etc. are also my favorites.

Some people like the more intimate lounges, but for me, these lounges which are on two levels, right outside the dining room, are GREAT gathering spots for pre and post cruise drinks, and wonderful people watching spots as well.

Another absolutely favorite spot of mine on board is the aft deck outback of the Lido buffets. Al Fresco dining for breakfast and lunch is just perfect there.

Also on these ships there's no charge for the Thallasotherapy pool, which is another great area to get downright relaxed in.
Old September 13th, 2005, 05:32 PM
First Mate

Good afternoon,

Which sailing are you planning on ??? Four of us are booked on the 2nd April '06 FortLauderdale- SanFransisco sailing, two staterooms.
I echo Kuki's sentiments; the Millie class ships are tops in many areas.
To what Kuki already said, I'll add the level of service which we found, on previous cruises, superb; the food is outstanding; the two top decks, Sunrise and resort, in their amenities and flow, are among the best in the industry; those outside elevators port side are really fun.; the Revelation lounge, sunrise deck #11, forward, is as good as any similar observation lounge found on any post 2000's build ships.
You'll be delighted with your choice, we're sure.
As a '' 3/4 retired TA '', the feedbacks we got from clients are, unanimously, exactly the same as ours as previous cruisers on these fine ships. The only negative ones we got ( and a lot...) were about an atrocious obliteration of the front deck #11 on the Summit, to accomodate the Cirque du Soleil experiment, one which we're now sure will not be duplicated on Infinity and Millenium ( Constellation suffered the same fate as Summit last fall......).

Happy sailings
Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old September 13th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Captain

I truly appreciate the responses you have given. It does sound like some of the things aboard the Infinity will appeal to us a lot more then the Mercury did. The information you have provided is more then I have found in reviews.

Sealegs I am sorry but I won't be on the April 2, 2006 cruise.

As far as the food on Celebrity goes, we were not impressed with the food on Celebrity last time. It was one of the things that turned us off about Celebrity.

I will agree that Celebrity had great service on our last Celebrity cruise. They even went out of their way to try and correct the things I diliked about the food. I cannot complain about Celebrity service.

Again I truly appreciate your answers to my questions.
Old September 16th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Familiar Face

I've been on 6 Celebrity cruises.

Our Mercury cruise was our 5th Celebrity cruise and I don't know why, but if it had been our first Celebrity cruise I might not have gone back.

We did not like the ship as much as we LOVE the M Class Ships (Millennium, Summit, Infinity and Constellation). Also except for the dining room where the staff and service was outstanding, the remainder of the ship lacked that excellent service Celebrity is known for.

Also the Speciality Restaurant on Infinity is wonderful. You have to go there one night.

Hope this helps.

Anne Maria
Old September 18th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Captain

CruisingChick I appreciate your response to my post. Like I said in my first post I do feel it is only fare to give Celebrity another chance. Any cruise can have a bad trip on any line so I don't feel that just trying them once is enough.

I am finding a few things about the Infinity itself that I find interesting, however I will admit that for me th highlight of this cruise will be to be with our friends and to help them celebrate their anniversary and birthday.

Thanks for the information.
Old September 30th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Passenger

Default Try M-Class

Our first cruise was on Radisson and they were outstanding but pricey>

We tried the Infinity to Alaska last year and thought that it was good value for the money. Not as good service as Radisson and a much bigger ship, but much cheaper!

We did a 14-day Baltic cruise his past May on the Constellation and we loved it, and are now planning South America in January on the Millennium.

Someone who we met on our last cruise has been on several Celebrity cruise an swore that she would never go on Century or Mercury. I was surprised to see that Concierge Class on Mercury is not a balcony state room.

We like balcony on M-Class and are doing Concierge Class starting with our last cruise.
Old October 1st, 2005, 12:19 PM
Beginner

my dh and myself will be on the April 2 cruise thru panama canal and time is flying quickly it is Oct already. We have a good group going thru cc board come and join us over there.
Old October 3rd, 2005, 12:46 PM
First Mate

Hi,

Four of us are also booked on 02April sailing, two different staterooms. Yes, time does indeed flies and less than 6 months....Good thing we booked when we did (Last January) because it took a lot of time and anguish to get our friends on board ( they finally cleared 19th Sept...)
We're also lucky;; we'll have a '' spotless'' ship, fresh out of her scheduled drydock and back in PortEverglades that morning.

Happy sailing
Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old December 8th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Infinity

We will be sailing on the infinity for the first time in 7 weeks. Have been on Milly and Summit and can't wait to sit in my favorite spot...just like Kuki I LOVE sitting on the aft deck outside the Lido buffet for breakfast and lunch. It is also my favorite spot late in the afternoon and again in the evening after the shows for some coffee.

Can't wait to be back on Celebrity, the best spot on the high seas!
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 3/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Seas 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04
Zaandam 12/04
Galaxy 9/05
Infinity 1/06
Jewel of the Seas 8/06