Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Old April 8th, 2017, 05:53 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Starting out ?

Hi I'm after some general advice, I'm 30, with experience of working in adminstration and some reception experience. Working on a cruise ship is something (like many people I suppose!) that I've always wanted to do but until now always put off. Is 30 too old to be starting out? Ideally I'd like to stick with an administration/office type job on the ship so would be using the experience I already have?
Old April 9th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Im 35 and will be working my first cruise ship job ever so I would say no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie19 View Post
Hi I'm after some general advice, I'm 30, with experience of working in adminstration and some reception experience. Working on a cruise ship is something (like many people I suppose!) that I've always wanted to do but until now always put off. Is 30 too old to be starting out? Ideally I'd like to stick with an administration/office type job on the ship so would be using the experience I already have?
Old April 10th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Familiar Face

Age wise you are more than ok. Posible positions, crew administrator, marine admin, hotel admin, guest services officer, crew or HR relations
Old June 12th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie19 View Post
No you are not to old to start working on a cruise ship. you need to know if you want to share a tiny cabin, work in an environment where those with more stripes will order you what to do.
As for the work experience - yes cruise lines look for those with relevant work experience - relevant to the position they are applying for.