Old January 14th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Familiar Face

Default Princess Dawn Update

Just received (1-13-05) this info from the Princess Line regarding the Princess Dawn reviews/concerns:

The ship is moving at a slower speed. The ship is having work done that causes it to move slower. They can't say when it will be up to full speed.

Princess can't guarantee that you will be visiting Princess Cays. The island is not ready for travelers yet but could be by April. They just aren't sure.

Princess is trying their best to decrease the embarkation wait times. Each passenger is given a specific time to board the ship to eliminate long lines at one given time. You are requested to arrive after 2pm.

A call to the ship was made to check on the stabilizers since you had mentioned the rocking. The ship has verified that the stabilizers are in full working order.

Hope this helps.

Explorer of the Seas, 2009
Princess Sun, 3/2007
Massdam, 2006
Princess Dawn, 2005
Grandeur, 2004
Majesty, 2003
Massdam, 2003
Old January 14th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Princess Dawn Update

interesting..I spoke with Princess on Weds...They would give no date for the Cays to open but other boards/posters claim it will be open next week...

I never heard of being assigned a time to embark.....

First I have heard of problems with stablizers....
Old January 15th, 2005, 01:39 AM
First Mate

I have to agree with Star. Just recieved my docs for our Feb 18 departure. I spoke with Princess and asked about Cays and was told we where scheduled to go, no red flags or changes posted on our trip. I also have never been given a time to arrive, nor did I this time. Looking forward to a wonderful trip but alittle concerned about recent reviews posted.
Old January 15th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Princess Dawn Update

Princess/Carnival are a bunch of liars. No one including them, knows when the ship will be running properly and the reason is simple, in order to properly fix the generator on the engine in question, they would have to take the ship out of service again, and carnival would never do that. It was in drydock for 3 weeks in nov, and they couldnt correct the problem then. As far as princess cays go, you cruise should go to nassau . Carnival may never even renew lease on princess cay , that is one reason they dont go there anymore. As far as other issues, never heard of such things. . Just make sure you dont go with high expectations and bring plenty of books or things to keep you busy. I was on 10 day cruise dec 30th and I and many other passengers were bored to death, very little activities to do with so many sea days. Anyways I hope you have good weather and an ejoyable cruise. good luck.
Old January 15th, 2005, 10:00 AM
SarahJ

Princess Cays will be open next week.

Most itineraries that were switched to Nassau have been switched back to Princess Cays. Call Princess and confirm but ships will return to Princess Cays this month.
Old January 15th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Chuck: Also sailing on the 2/18 Dawn cruise. I'll be with the wedding party of my friend, Amy and Dr. Bill. I think you might be fishing with Amy's dad somewhere.

Anyway - look for a wedding group on the day we sail - there will be 11 of us and I'll be the big blonde "of a certain age". Just ask for "Belgique".
Old January 16th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Captain

Doing back to backs on the Dawn Jan 19 and 29. The Jan 19 sailing is stopping at Nassau and the Jan 29 sailing will be back at Princess Cays.