Old February 11th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Admiral

Updated list

Maumekim (Kim and Carl) 1/31/10 Just back from the cruise.
JustChillin21 2/14/10 Welcome on board you better get packing.
Wakedreams & DenaInWyo & Seacatt 2/28/10
Brina and hc123 3/14/10
Thoth 4/11/10
Katlady 5/2/10
Brain J 5/9/10
lovepea & catseyes2u 5/23/10
Robin 7/11/10
Heather79 & Jean0151 & Snoozeman 8/29/10 Welcome Snoozeman!
Securityman 10/24/10
Pez Lori 12/5/10
Superkid 1/23/11
Lollylew 6/?/12

Oh man now I want to change my date to 8/29/10 so I can be on the informal Snoozeman cruise!!! If Crazysis came along it would be a blast. Unless I lost her again like I did on the Carnival Freedom. I Really thought her drunk butt fell overboard. She got lost so she just wandered around the ship until she found the nearest party. She was dancing with a drink in hand at the time I found her.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 12th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

WahhhhhhOOOOOOO I'm gettin closer to the top!!:-D
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady View Post
Oh man now I want to change my date to 8/29/10 so I can be on the informal Snoozeman cruise!!! If Crazysis came along it would be a blast. Unless I lost her again like I did on the Carnival Freedom. I Really thought her drunk butt fell overboard. She got lost so she just wandered around the ship until she found the nearest party. She was dancing with a drink in hand at the time I found her.
Do it!! We're going to have a blast! And you know we need more representation from CA.

I'm sailing the Splendor on 8/29/10 toooooooooo!

Carnival Magic-3/12, Carnival Magic-11/11, Carnival Glory-2/11, Carnival Splendor-8/10, Carnival Conquest-1/10, Mariner of the Seas-3/09, Carnival Spirit-1/08, Grand Princess-12/06, Rhapsody of the Seas-12/05, Grand Princess-12/04, NCL Dream-12/03, MS Zuiderdam-12/02

Old February 12th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Updated list

JustChillin21 2/14/10 Welcome on board you better get packing.:-D
Wakedreams & DenaInWyo & Seacatt 2/28/10
Brina and hc123 3/14/10
Thoth 4/11/10
Katlady 5/2/10
Brain J 5/9/10
Robin 7/11/10
Heather79 & Jean0151 & Snoozeman & Lindanet 8/29/10 Welcome Lindanet!
Securityman 10/24/10
Pez Lori 12/5/10
Superkid 1/23/11
Lollylew 6/?/12

I got all happy thinking about changing my date. Then I actually looked at the date 8/29/10. That is a blackout period for my hubby I can't change the date. You guys could change and come on May 2, come on you know you want to cruise sooner. Plus I think my cruise is cheaper so you could get OBC if you moved the date.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 13th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Beginner

Default Sea Ship Virgins

Hello All:
Me and my hubby are going to be on the 2/28/10 cruise and we both are getting very excited about it (Panorama/spa room).We have never been on a cruise before, thinking we would never be able to sit still for any period of time. But suddenly as we are getting older we are really looking forward to just stopping for a bit and getting away from work!

Just started checking out what to do in port. We both are adventurers, and looking forward to lots of walking so I am hoping that we can just find our way around on our own.

I am an artist (working with tarot images) and am wondering if there is anything such as art places, public art, strange shops, etc., that I should see? I know that there are always those strange little shops tucked away in the back alley in all towns and I love it when I come across them. If you know of any I would love to hear about them! Thanks.

xo
Old February 13th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to T C Send a message via AIM to T C

Quote:
I got all happy thinking about changing my date. Then I actually looked at the date 8/29/10. That is a blackout period for my hubby I can't change the date.
Thanks for this thread Kat, I am also booked for 08/29/10

About the blackout dates for hubby ... is that a definite no?? Or is there a possibility that you could change? We'd love to have you & C-Sis join us. I know she said that she wanted to take her son, but he'd be in school by then, but she could always go with BF instead

TC

But why is the rum gone? ~ Capt. Jack Sparrow

also booked: 10/10/13 Carnival Victory B2B, 01/12/14 Carnival Sunshine
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWestOakland View Post
Hello All:
Me and my hubby are going to be on the 2/28/10 cruise and we both are getting very excited about it (Panorama/spa room).We have never been on a cruise before, thinking we would never be able to sit still for any period of time. But suddenly as we are getting older we are really looking forward to just stopping for a bit and getting away from work!

Just started checking out what to do in port. We both are adventurers, and looking forward to lots of walking so I am hoping that we can just find our way around on our own.

I am an artist (working with tarot images) and am wondering if there is anything such as art places, public art, strange shops, etc., that I should see? I know that there are always those strange little shops tucked away in the back alley in all towns and I love it when I come across them. If you know of any I would love to hear about them! Thanks.

xo
In Mazaltan I heard about a store called Casa Etnika and located on the corner of Sixto Osuna and Venustiano Carranza Streets is Mazatlan Art Museum.

In Puerto Vallarta I found the Camino del Arte (Art Walk).

Camino del Arte | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico | Whatsonwhen

I hope that helps.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by T C View Post
Thanks for this thread Kat, I am also booked for 08/29/10

About the blackout dates for hubby ... is that a definite no?? Or is there a possibility that you could change? We'd love to have you & C-Sis join us. I know she said that she wanted to take her son, but he'd be in school by then, but she could always go with BF instead

TC
I'm so bummed I can't make it on this cruise. I have had my May 2 cruise booked for about a year now. With my hubby's work schedule we can't move the date. I'm not sure my nephew will be in school yet or not. He may not be. She will have to see if she can go on this cruise. I will bring it what to her.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Updated list

JustChillin21 2/14/10 Just about to board.
Wakedreams & DenaInWyo & Seacatt & :-D JoWestOakland2/28/10 Welcome Jo.
Brina and hc123 3/14/10
Thoth 4/11/10
Katlady 5/2/10
Brain J 5/9/10
Robin 7/11/10
Heather79 & Jean0151 & Snoozeman & Lindanet & TC 8/29/10 Welcome TC!
Securityman 10/24/10
Pez Lori 12/5/10
Superkid 1/23/11
Lollylew 6/?/12

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 14th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Beginner

Quote:
In Mazaltan I heard about a store called Casa Etnika and located on the corner of Sixto Osuna and Venustiano Carranza Streets is Mazatlan Art Museum.

In Puerto Vallarta I found the Camino del Arte (Art Walk).

Camino del Arte | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico | Whatsonwhen

I hope that helps.
Thanks katlady! I will definitely check them out.
Old February 15th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

Does anyone know who the piano-bar player is?
The Piano bar is my favorite spot on the ship,

$$ along with the blackjack table $$

oh..and the aft deck in a lounge chair 8), with a foo foo drink.
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old February 18th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Familiar Face

Hello all - add me to the list! Sitting for the California State Bar 2/23-2/25, then sailing on 2/28! Can't wait to get on the ship!! Now, if only I could focus on the stupid test instead of the cruise...gah!
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Updated list

JustChillin21 2/14/10 Just chillin on board the splendor.:-D
Wakedreams & DenaInWyo & Seacatt& JoWestOakland & Andude2 :-D2/28/10 Welcome Andude2 First you take the bar then you head to the bar on the lido deck. Good luck on the bar.
Brina and hc123 3/14/10
Thoth 4/11/10
Katlady 5/2/10
Brain J 5/9/10
Robin 7/11/10
Heather79 & Jean0151 & Snoozeman & Lindanet & TC 8/29/10
Securityman 10/24/10
Pez Lori 12/5/10
Superkid 1/23/11
Lollylew 6/?/12

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Familiar Face

Woot! Thanks Katlady. Can't wait for this process to be over. 2 solid months, 7 days a week, 16-17 hours a day studying for a stupid 3 day test. Not my idea of a fun time.

Anyway - hope to see y'all on the lido bar!

Oh! Did I mention this is my first cruise? I've wanted to do this for a long time, but with law school and work, I just never had time. Here's to finding a well paying job, and many more cruises to come!

Now...wonder how I get my cruise countdown signature to work in here. (edit: apparently it works...)
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Maumekim Send a message via MSN to Maumekim Send a message via Yahoo to Maumekim
Default Back from trip

Hello Everyone!
Sorry I didnt report on the trip sooner but its been a whirlwind since I got home of work and trying to get all the photos up and posted. I still havent sorted them all out yet (They are just in folders of each place- all the good bad and ugly together) But you are all welcome to go see them!
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

I will give you a little bit of insight for those who havent been on the ship or to the ports.

SHIP
1) You dont have to take a bungee for your balcony door, just shove the door wedge for your stateroom door into the crack thats made on the non opening side of the door when you open it (cant for the life of me remember what thats called or the little door wedge they use to hold your door open...but hopefully you get my meaning (there is a picture of it in my door in one of the folders)

2) You can take a 12 pk of soda per person onboard with you with no problem. Just carry it on with you.

3) Rooms are ready for you to go into at 2pm, unless you want to start your vacation aboard as soon as possible, wait til right before two and you can go directly to your room after boarding.

4) When you board you can go directly to lido buffet and eat if you want so dont spend money eating prior to boarding- unless you want to that is

5) Room 7273 is AWESOME! We had a big room, a dressing area, a big bathroom with double sinks and whirlpool tub.

6) CLOSE the toilet before flushing or it will scare the begeebies outta you- still may be startling the first time you flush---oh and dont obey the sign behind the toilet and hold it- you may be ill if you do! (Sign reads- Do not deposit bulky items in toilet)

7) If you are clausterphobic, be sure to stay in front of everyone at the Muster drill, you will be standing there awhile. (PS- You will in no way be able to understand the PA system that is telling you what you have to do so watch the video on your TV. I would go to the drill to be sure where your lifeboat is, but dont expect to hear a thing or know what the heck is going on, but at least you will know where to go in the unlikely event you need to. (Which is also posted on your cabin door)

8)Take a few hours to simply look around and get your bearings as to where everything is located. There were a lot of people who were saying they didnt know how to get from one place to another and couldnt find this or that. We used the little ship booklet to help us around but since we "wondered" for a few hours first we made it all over the ship (even though I cant remember seeing the spa- wasnt interested)

9) UNDERSTAND it is very windy on your balcony and on any open deck space. Beware you will lose hats unless you are careful.. DOnt worry about your hair ladies because unless you stay away from all open spaces it IS going to get severely wind blown

10) If you have drink coupons, they dont actually pay for a drink (well it will pay for a beer) They will just take $5.75 off of your purchase. Most drinks are $7.95 with Monkeyheads being $14.95

11) Lido buffet for breakfast is not very good unless you just have cereal, fruit, or pastries

12) Lemonaid, Tea, coffee, Hot Chocolate are available all day every day. In the mornings (until noon) Orange juice, mixed fruit juice, Milk, and chocolate milk are available. (Of course Water and ice are always available.

13) If you really want to see a show in the Spectacular Spectacular, get there VERY early. We tried to go to 3 different shows (2 at both showings) and it was full 20 minutes before showtime. On the last day we were told you have to get there at least 40 minutes prior.

14) The jewlery shop changes their "for sale" items daily. If you see something you like, buy it that day. (I saw a ring I really wanted but waited to get it so I could ask hubby first- went the next day to get it and was told "sorry, we cant sell it to you as it is put away" I asked every day and finally on the last day I was allowed to purchase it...thankfully as I love it)

15) Debarktation- NO ONE seems to follow the directions on this. If you do not have anywhere to go fast after the cruise (Plane to catch before 11:30) I suggest leaving your things in your room, go to the gold pearl and have a nice leisurly breakfast. Then go back to your room and enjoy looking out at everyone trying to get off the ship, or watch the recap video on the TV. About 11am you can go down and debark a bit easier. (We were number 2 in debartation- we were called to disembark at 9:20am. We grabbed our bags and went to deck 3. When the doors opened we were stuck, couldnt even get off the elevator. finally some moved and we were crammed in the back- thinking they were just waiting to let us all go we stood there. After 25 minutes we made our way back to our room where we sat for 15 minutes hoping things would calm right before they were to call the next number. Well this time we decided to try other elevators (Our room was right at the glass elevators- which are shut down for disembarktation) we were able to get off the elevator in this area but was met with a long line. We stood in that line slowly moving forward, everyone so upset they were all yelling, until finally we were near the front. WHy was it so slow? Well there was 2 people each with the sign and sail machine that was taking one person at a time and checking them off the ship just like when you get off in ports, but a lot slower. Then once out of that line and out on the deck you had to go one at a time down the ramp (by this time it was 5 people side by side on the deck so we had to whittle down to 1) once past the ramp you could cross the bridge into the cruise terminal, where you hand your declaration paper to one man, then go through not one, but two customs officers. HAVE YOUR PASSPORTS READY! What I dont understand is all we did was showed our passports. Baggage wasnt looked at, scanned, questions asked, NOTHING at both people...so whats the point? Oh well we finally made it though that and was met by baggage transporters asking if we wanted help..SURE! So he took us to our baggage, helped us locate ours in the sea of baggage, and took us to the curb where he dropped our bags and left. On our walk to the curb he said "If you waited onboard you wouldnt have had to be in sich a line and you could have found your baggage easier" Gee thanks....now you tell me. By the time we were in our car it was 11:45! We vowed that next cruise we would just have a nice long breakfast, then go pack)

PORTS
1) Dont be startled by the military men with M16 guns standing right as you disembark giving you the once over- This really freaked me out at first but by port two I didnt notice them so much sice we saw this everywhere.
2) DO NOT take the Colonial Villages of the Sierra Madres tour in Mazatlan through Carnival (NOTE: a couple who had a private van enjoyed the tour, but Im almost sure they didnt get taken the direction we were). Well unless you like being cooped up on a bus for 6 hours while driving through the worst areas possible,only to have little time in the villages. The villiages you visit are a bit interesting but by the time you get there your road weary and cant enjoy it fully. We were suppose to be on this tour a total of 6 hours, giving us a couple hours to visit the Golden zone and the beach, well we ended up being on this tour 8 hours and was actually holding up the boat from leaving. We did get to see the Golden Zone and Beach from the speeding bus and it did look very nice Being on this leaking, smelly, hot bus with not even beautiful scenery to keep you interested, it just makes everything seem bad.

3) Cabo is awesome! Once on the pier, proceed through the cruise terminal area and directly in front of you a little to the right you will see little ticket booths. For $15 per person you get a glass bottom boat ride out to lands end, around all the rocks, over to lovers beach where you can get off and enjoy the area for a bit, then get a ride back to either the pier or beach. If you dont get off at lovers beach and you ask, some of the guys will take you out to see the whales and dolphins (if you do get off at lovers beach, you can still ask them to take you out to see the whales - give them a little something and most will do it. It was the best - even though we didnt go see the whales. There are all types of excursions offered very cheap at this ticket booth. (If you go to lovers beach, be sure you take your swinsuit and towel as you will definately enjoy the clear emerald waters on both sides.

4) The ATV excursion in Puerto Vallarta is great! You do go through some tough areas to get to the hacienda, and have an armed guard that goes on the ride with you, but the ride and views are amazing. The guide is a very nice, fun person who really made us enjoy it even more.

5) Research excursions locally offered instead of Carnival offered. you will save a lot of money to use on tips, trinkets, and gifts...ALL of the people offerimg tours know time restrictions and will make it back in time. A bunch of people told me they hired a private van / tour guide in Mazatlan that showed them all kinds of things, told them a lot, and took them wherever they wanted for the entire day for about the cost of one persons fee on carnival.

well, thats enough to bore you I guess .. ...if you have any questions feel free to email me!
Kim
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

www.kawalker.com

1st cruise Jan 31, 2010 Carnival Splendor
Old February 19th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Maumekim Send a message via MSN to Maumekim Send a message via Yahoo to Maumekim

umm those links really do go to my photo albums, not sure why the text says what it does

Old February 19th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Admiral

" DO NOT take the Colonial Villages of the Sierra Madres tour in Mazatlan through Carnival "
Woops...booked and paid for !
But then again maybe I will have better luck.

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Passenger

I hope you do! Just be prepared to be on a bus for a LONG ride, and that they use the term "factory" really loosly. Dont be shocked when you pull over to the side of the road to watch two men dig in the dirt and make bricks and call it a factory....
Honestly the actual villiages they finally get to are quite interesting. The church interiors amaze me. Be prepared for the wood carving selling children to be VERY aggressive in the village you eat lunch. Watch out for the town taxi dropping! oh at the bakery, if you want to buy bread...dont buy the chocolate ones...takes like sand covered hard rolls... Even the stray dogs wouldnt eat them and they looked very hungry! I hope they fix the problems we encountered because there were a lot of complaints...But even with how bad our Mazatlan experience was, we still were away from the snow and cold so all was good

Old February 19th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Admiral

Great review and wonderful pictures. Thanks for coming back and giving us that review. I was thinking of just taking a water taxi over to Stone Island in Mazatlan reading you review of the shore excursion has settled it in my mind.

I hope you don't mind I'm going to put a couple of your pictures in this post. Cabo is the my favorite port because you are on the Sea of Cortez, which is much nicer then the Pacific Ocean. Your picture here really shows it off. That water looks so nice.

Is this the Adult only pool. I think I see a chair with my name on it.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maumekim View Post
I hope you do! Just be prepared to be on a bus for a LONG ride, and that they use the term "factory" really loosly. Dont be shocked when you pull over to the side of the road to watch two men dig in the dirt and make bricks and call it a factory....
Honestly the actual villiages they finally get to are quite interesting. The church interiors amaze me. Be prepared for the wood carving selling children to be VERY aggressive in the village you eat lunch. Watch out for the town taxi dropping! oh at the bakery, if you want to buy bread...dont buy the chocolate ones...takes like sand covered hard rolls... Even the stray dogs wouldnt eat them and they looked very hungry! I hope they fix the problems we encountered because there were a lot of complaints...But even with how bad our Mazatlan experience was, we still were away from the snow and cold so all was good
Thanks for the "heads up" I've been on some long bus tours before, which isn't so bad as long as there is a toilet on board .
I expected the word "factory" to be an embellishment of sorts and all about the hard sell. Been there.... done that.
Town taxi dropping? I hope it does not drop me off in town. It's my understand that I'll be returned to the ship.

/ticker.png">
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Admiral

lovely photos !

/ticker.png">
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:26 AM
Beginner

Default 1st Cruise Ever

Booked on Splendor for June 13-20. Taking wife, 16 and 20 year old daugthers and 18 year old son. Looking for advice for kids and parents.
Old February 21st, 2010, 01:52 AM
Passenger

You already have us for next month, but we are also sailing on the Splendor again January 16th, 2011.

Gorgeous pics!
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:57 AM
Admiral

Updated list

JustChillin21 2/14/10 Just chillin on board the splendor.
Wakedreams & DenaInWyo & Seacatt& JoWestOakland & Andude2 2/28/10
Brina and hc123 3/14/10
Thoth 4/11/10
Katlady 5/2/10
Brain J 5/9/10
Paule June 13 Welcome on board!
Robin 7/11/10
Heather79 & Jean0151 & Snoozeman & Lindanet & TC 8/29/10
Securityman 10/24/10
Pez Lori 12/5/10
Brina 1/16/11 Booking a Second trip on Splendor!!!
Superkid 1/23/11
Lollylew 6/?/12

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 21st, 2010, 03:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule View Post
Booked on Splendor for June 13-20. Taking wife, 16 and 20 year old daugthers and 18 year old son. Looking for advice for kids and parents.
If the kids are out of school at that time (I think they are) there will be lots for teenagers for your kids to met. They have a teen disco for under 21. I don't have kids so I'm trying to remember what was on the Carnival Freedom. I'm pretty sure the drinking age in Mexico is 18 years old. Just to let you know two of your kids can legally drink in Mexico. Some kids can handle it at that age; others not so much. Mendano Beach in Cabo is fun with lots of water sports. Water taxi from port about $4 or so. To let you know Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta are on the Pacific Ocean, Cabo San Lucas is on both the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean. For snokeling the Sea of Cortez is clearer and calmer then the Pacific Ocean if you plan a snokel shore excurision I would suggest doing that in cabo. If you haveany questions just ask. Welcome to Cruisemates.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
Not sure if this has come up, but how much is parking at the LA cruise terminal? I heard it is $15 a day. Does anyone know a place near the terminal for less?
That is correct $95/week
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:25 PM
Passenger

There are a few hotels that range between $99-$150 ish for the night that include cruise-n-park rates. I'd check that out. You basically get a free night's hotel for what you would pay to park. We are staying in a hotel that will accommodate all 6 of us in a family room for 2 nights before the cruise next month. I'll let you know how the place was if you'd like. We originally booked Embassy Suites and then Hilton, but changed to this since we can all stay in one room. More money for DOD on board that way
Old February 21st, 2010, 03:46 PM
Admiral

I'm planning on taking this cruise this Fall. I love the pics and review posted here. The cousin that I will be going with is more disabled than I am. Neither of us need wheelchairs, but we are going to need to chose things to do that require a little walking and a lot of sitting. Any suggestions?
Old February 21st, 2010, 07:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to T C Send a message via AIM to T C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moiraine View Post
I'm planning on taking this cruise this Fall. I love the pics and review posted here. The cousin that I will be going with is more disabled than I am. Neither of us need wheelchairs, but we are going to need to chose things to do that require a little walking and a lot of sitting. Any suggestions?
Hi Moiraine,
There are several of us that are going on 08/29/10 which really is end of summer, not quite the fall yet , but the prices are good, and we'd love to have you join us.
TC

But why is the rum gone? ~ Capt. Jack Sparrow

also booked: 10/10/13 Carnival Victory B2B, 01/12/14 Carnival Sunshine
Old February 21st, 2010, 09:11 PM
Admiral

Thank you for the invite TC. I'd love to do the cruise with you guys, but the schedule isn't going to let me. It's going to be late September or maybe even October before I can do the cruise. I hope we all have a good time.