Old January 10th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Passenger

Default Some Cruising advice, anyone?

Hi all, I'm new to this board. I'll be heading on my first cruise with 3 of my friends come may 14th. We're doing the Elation 7 day eastern Caribbean. Anywho, we're all in the 25-28 age range and I was wondering whether anyone else out there is in the same age range and cruises, and what kind of time we can expect to have. From what I've heard Cruises are generally for couples and this trip is going to be myself and three girls; none of us has any interest in the others. Any input from anyone about either the ship or any advice would be much appreciated.
Old January 10th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Beginner

Just have yourself a great time. Meet others on the ship you will be surprised how you and your other shipmates have the same likings. I remember 68 cruises ago how I just sat around the first few days looking at others and wondering how to meet them. Well take advantage of the activities and don't be afraid to do anything. You'll have a great time and I'm almost positive you'll have new friends before you know it. Have a great time. I was on the Elation on her maiden voyage. You booked on a great cruise line for people your age
Old January 10th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Passenger

thanks for the reinforcement. I guess I'm a little paranoid since this is my first time. I like to let loose and be a little bit wild, (nothing crazy, Karaoke, laughing, flirting, etc.) but I'm also very considerate of those around me. so if there's a 'muted' atmosphere I would end up buying into it and having a zombie like time. Then again, the girls I'm going with are nuts. In a good way. Well, for the most part. We should have a good time no matter what, right?!
Old January 10th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Just relax and have fun!! My last cruise was with two of my children and my daughter's friend (ages 12, 13, and 14). We had a great time. Any vacation is what you make of it. You'll find all different age groups and people aboard a ship. There's lots to do and see. Make sure you read your Capers the night before so you know what's going on the next day.
Old January 10th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to MattD CDN

Take advantage of your dinner seating arrangements and start by meeting people at your table. Don't make the mistake of asking for a small table; it's an opportunity to meet people. We sat with newlyweds and we were all on our honeymoon. It was a great ice-breaker.

Have fun.
Old January 10th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Admiral

You should have a great time. There will be many singles mixers and the lounges are going all night long. You will have your choice of two or three lounges which will all have differant things going on at the same time including the Kareoke. Relax and enjoy yourself and don't try and over-do. You will always be able to come back for more, (and you will), so no sense in wearing yourself out. Word of warning, shipboard romances seldom work out and you should always limit your adult beverage intake and be aware of your surroundings and have a buddy system. There is nothing really dangerous onboard ships but you are still around people that might take advantage just like at home.
Jim
Old January 10th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Admiral

Carnival has anything but a "muted" atmosphere, so you'll have plenty to do and will have the chance for some very spirited fun!

As suggested before, attend the events. Even though some of the games sound stupid (and actually ARE), if you just let your hair down and throw yourself into them, you'll have a blast.

Let us know how it goes!

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old January 11th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Familiar Face

Dude! Listen: There are always a healthy group of unattached people on board. The disco may be sparcely populated after midnight, but those present will be there to party! I've never failed to fall into a group of a dozen or more simpaticos on any cruise I've taken and that's a bunch. Actually, most of the friends I've made over the past five years have been on cruise ships! Prepare to have a wonderful time . . . and don't be shy!
Old January 11th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Passenger

You will have a great time. I went on my first cruise 2 years ago with with 3 guys (one was my husband and the other two 2 were my best friends). We were in the 28-30 years old age group. There are definitely places on the ship that are a bit crazier and some that are more family friendly. You just need to walk along the bars around 11pm-midnight and you will find whatever is your speed. The piano bars are generally a really good time. The late night adult-only comedy shows are a lot of fun and a lot people will generally head over to one of the bars still open. That is how we met most of the people we hung out with. Also, most of the younger couples that I have met on board were not interested in being seculeded from the world -- they are there to have just as good a time as anyone.