Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:40 PM
First Mate

Default Roatan adventure?

This would be our second visit to Roatan. Last one we hired a cab to tour island. This time we would like to get more off the beaten path.
Maybe renting scooters to visit on our own...or maybe a visit with host family...
Any advise or contacts?
Thanks
Karyn
Old September 13th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to patt0122

hi Karen,
I am going to be in Roatan on Wed this upcoming week. I have already reserved scooters through a highly recommened company there......Capt. Van's rentals. Web page is captainvans.com I have had several e-mails with them, and they have been wonderful to work with. They pick you up at the ship, return you to your ship. Cost for a 2 person scooter is $39 for the entire day. They give you a treasure map you can follow which hit all the main spots of Roatan, and it takes you through 50 miles of the island. You are totally on your own, doing and seeing what you want. I can let you know when I get back how it was.....but so far, these people have been wonderful to work with. If you go to their web page, it will really give you a lot of information.

Good luck