Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

Old November 26th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to vol4life
Default Anyone planning to cruise with Cruisingforlove??

Hey everyone...I was considering a cruise with them. Anyone have an insight on how they operate (activities, how many and what age group do they cater to)???

LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!!!

Kevin
Old November 27th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Yeoman

I went on one of their Alaska singles cruises and had a wonderful time. You can read about it in Cruisemates' singles section. I think their average age is mid to late 40s, but there were also some 50s and 60s. It was a good mix.

I receive a lot of email from people asking about age groups on singles cruises, but there is just no way of knowing unless the agency asks for the age when taking a reservation and is willing to give out the figures.
A good rule of thumb, though, is to remember that the longer the cruise the older the crowd most of the time. Shorter cruises attract the younger set.
Old December 7th, 2006, 03:39 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to patt0122

I just booked a cruise with Cruisingforlove. Going on the Mardi GRas SIngles cruise 2/10/07. I have gone on single cruises before, however never with CruisingForLove, however I know a couple people who have, and they came highly rated!!!!! Also remember.......it's a cruies....how can you have a bad time????
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence
Default Cruising for Love

Never cruised with that agency; spoke with Ann who runs it - not impressed with her and her customer relations skills.

Just my 2 cents worth. I know people who have sailed with her agency and do not care for Cruising for Love and Ann.

Karon
Old December 8th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Passenger

Thanks Karon. Did your friends mention any specifics? I had heard some good thing about this travel agency and Ann. I amhopping it is as good of an experience as I had with VTG on their singles cruises. I appreciate the info.
Old December 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruising for Love

Didn't like the way their cruises are run; don't care for Ann personally per their comments. One friend had difficulty getting a refund from her when she cancelled before her cancellation date.

Other than Singlescruise.com I would personally try VTG. I am hearing great things about their agency. Started dating someone; hopefully not too many singles cruises down the road for me personally. I am ready to settle down:-)

Have a good weekend!!!!
Old December 8th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Yeoman

The name itself is a huge turnoff to me.

It sounds so painfully desperate!

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old December 13th, 2006, 11:17 AM
First Mate

I have been with CFL twice and had a great time with the two cruises I have been on, Ann is a very nice person. You have to realize she doesn't book the big crowd cruises like VTG and SingleCruises.com but you will still have a good time.

Note: Most of her cruises have various age ranges my suggestion is to question her (or any single cruise travel agencies) about the age range before you put your money down especially if you are in your 20s or 30s.

Another Note: If you are looking for the "beautiful people" (and beauty is in the eye of the beholder) i.e. model material you will not find them on a commerical cruise. If you do find attractive and in shape men and women be prepare to fight for their attention.
Old December 14th, 2006, 01:50 AM
booboo4031

Went with CFL once and never again. I have cruise with VTG and SC.com and they run professional agencies. I was totally unimpressed with CFL and every piece of documentation I got from them had errors that I had to call to get corrected. Once was enough for me.
Old December 14th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Everyone,
Just remember it's all personal opinion and experience. I have cruised with Singlescruise.com 5X and have enjoyed myself; I am scheduled on the April 1st cruise next year and after that not sure if I will be doing any more singles cruises. If I do I may consider VTG.

Have a good day everyone!

Karon
Old December 14th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Passenger

Wow....now I am a bit nervous.......I went on a VTG last March and had the most wonderful time. I have never had so much fun, and laughed so hard. I met some amazing people. I am not looking to hook up with anyone.....I just like to go on these to meet people to hang out with while on the cruise. I do agree the name is a real turnoff........

For the few replys I read about some of you considering VTG.....go for it!!!! They are wonderful. Only reason I did not book through them was because I was looking for a shorter cruise. However, in Sept I am hoping to go on one they are offering that is a 7 day one.

Guess I will just take it day by day with CRL. I do know.......I have NEVER had a bad cruise......Also, not looking to meet the man of my dreams either.......just looking for people to hang out with, and looking to have a roommate.

Thanks for all the info.
Pat
Old December 14th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am hearing great things about Vacations To Go; they do have some great cruises to consider; I am doing one cruise in 2007 and that's the Southern Caribbean; I also want to go to Europe, Bermuda and Alaska on cruises.

Karon
Old December 16th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Yeoman

deleted.
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Yeoman

Did you hear about the bad luck they had in New Orleans? They had to cancel the last cruise when the Fantasy was hit coming back into port by a barge!
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Yeoman

My Cousin says that New Orleans is not a good port to cruise out of. He says he did a lot of walking and waiting to get on the Carnival Conquest a few years ago before the city got the Katrina hurricane.
I have heard that the Carnival Conquest used to have a hard time leaving port because of how the ocean is located in a narrow passage way before you get to the open sea.
Many years ago... I was all ready set to cruise out of New Orleans but a friend of mine told me to cancel my cruise because she got a bad feeling that something was going to happen on the cruise. She just had a bad feeling. I cancelled my cruise in time. When the ship returned to port and people were getting off the ship and were walking around the Glass Shopping Mall..... a large Barge came and banged into the ship and the ship banged into the Mall. One hundred sixty-eight cruisers were injured at the Mall. I will always remember how I could have been in that Mall on that day.

Some ports are not that great to leave out of I have noticed.
Old February 14th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Passenger

ive cruised out of new orleans twice...and i have had a blast everytime..things can happen anywhere
Old February 14th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
My Cousin says that New Orleans is not a good port to cruise out of. He says he did a lot of walking and waiting to get on the Carnival Conquest a few years ago before the city got the Katrina hurricane.
I have heard that the Carnival Conquest used to have a hard time leaving port because of how the ocean is located in a narrow passage way before you get to the open sea.
Many years ago... I was all ready set to cruise out of New Orleans but a friend of mine told me to cancel my cruise because she got a bad feeling that something was going to happen on the cruise. She just had a bad feeling. I cancelled my cruise in time. When the ship returned to port and people were getting off the ship and were walking around the Glass Shopping Mall..... a large Barge came and banged into the ship and the ship banged into the Mall. One hundred sixty-eight cruisers were injured at the Mall. I will always remember how I could have been in that Mall on that day.

Some ports are not that great to leave out of I have noticed.
Angelgal,

I will have to admit that I cruised out of NO on the Conquest several years ago and to be honest I don't like it at all as a cruise port. I would go out of there again but not unless it was some great deal. The reason I don't like it is, it takes about 7-8 hours each way from NO to the mouth of the Gulf of Mex. With that in mind, that is 14-16 hours of what I consider wasn't time. I know you are on the ship but I feel the overall port time is cut because of this especially Cozumel which in this case was the last stop. The ships make sure they allow plenty of time to make it up the Miss to NO and that means they really leave the last port fairly early. Just my opinion and really has nothing to do with NO itself.