Old November 15th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Familiar Face

Smile I'm Back... From the Canal

We just got back from a wonderful voyage on the Island Princess through the Panama Canal, and I have the photos to prove it! I would load them on this site but a few hundred photos might clog up the works... so click and enjoy: I?m Back? from the Canal | Dr. Dave (Roberts)... Destination / Special Interest Speaker

And thanks to all the great crew on the Princess who worked so hard to make everyone's trip a smooth voyage with a mild bit of adventure.

See you on the next voyage!
Dr. Dave
Old November 15th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Welcome home from a cruise I've always wanted to do....aside from enjoying your pictures, how was the food, entertainment and your excursions?

I remember back I. The olden days, before balconies, people used to sometimes sleep on deck to make sure they had a good spot to view going through the canal..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 30th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Familiar Face

There was no sleeping on deck... or none that I noticed, but there was plenty of entertainment and late night activities. Princess had two or more "shows" each night and lot's of things to do during the day and late into the night.

Although this was transit #29 for me (I do the bridge talks), this was the first time through the Canal that I wasn't on the bridge, so I got to see a lot more all around the ship. It was pretty cool to be on deck 7 and be eye level with the action, or watch the lock door close at the stern... a different experience.

The Canal never get old for me... I'm back on the Queen Victoria in February and the Azamara Journey in March.

Hope to see you on the Canal,
Dr. Dave
Old September 28th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Familiar Face

Default recommendation for best ship and line for the canal trip for budget traveler

Seems like you've taken this trip a lot and that you liked the pricess ship, which others do you recommend? Right now Holland America has a sale but the reviews say the entertaiment stinks. Is the actual trip so good that you wouldnt care about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdavesandiego View Post
We just got back from a wonderful voyage on the Island Princess through the Panama Canal, and I have the photos to prove it! I would load best them on this site but a few hundred photos might clog up the works... so click and enjoy: I?m Back? from the Canal | Dr. Dave (Roberts)... Destination / Special Interest Speaker

And thanks to all the great crew on the Princess who worked so hard to make everyone's trip a smooth voyage with a mild bit of adventure.

See you on the next voyage!
Dr. Dave
Old September 28th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

One of these years, I would like to take a Canal cruise, seems like you enjoyed it enough?

Message Boards Moderator