Old January 14th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Familiar Face

Default I LOVE Celebrity.... but...

When we 'discovered' Celebrity, we thought we had died and gone to heaven! Aqua class had everything we thought a cruise should be, so we immediately (while on the previous cruise) booked the SAME cruise a year later (same stateroom even!)

I decided to give Choice Air a chance, so booked our flights through that venue. Now I find out, that electronic documents won't be issued until 14 days prior to the cruise, which in turn, means that you can't get your luggage tags issued! (The requirements are less than 49 days to cruise, eDocs issued, and online checkin completed).

Heavy sigh. It's a minor thing, but in the excitement of preparing for our cruise (only 16 days to go), and since we won't be at our mailing address two weeks prior to sailing, we will have to get the tags at the pier.

The other thing we noticed, is that in spite of being in Aqua Class, and the web site soliciting us to make our spa appointments via the web site - you can't do that! Hmmmm.... I think the web site needs updating! I even tried making appointments via a Celebrity Customer Service agent over the phone, but they couldn't take the reservation either. (Trying to be a good husband and make an appointment for my wife on her birthday)

OK... vent over! ! Regardless, we are pretty excited to be sailing with Celebrity!!
(I tried to make these suggestions to them via the contact on their web site, but for some reason the messages don't go through)

Celebrity Eclipse, 2015 (liked it so much the first time, doing it again a year later!)
Celebrity Eclipse, 2014
Carnival Valor, 2013
Carnival Miracle, 2010
Carnival Glory, 2009
NCL Sun, 2007
Old January 14th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Admiral

I think that a better choice is to book with a good TA.

I like Celebrity as well, but I always book all my travel with a trusted TA.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old January 14th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Minor problems, that you shouldn't have a problem with, once you get to the pier...You should also be able to make your appointments once you board. Just relax and and enjoy your cruise...

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 14th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I love the Solstice class ships..we sailed the Eclipse,and stayed in the Aqua class cabins..everything about the ship shouted luxe....I'm sure things will work out for you...please come back and share your thoughts!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 14th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Celebrities' website is a running joke. Always amazed at major companies who can't build a working website...the total sales they loose is probably incredible.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old January 14th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess I didn't make it too clear, I'm certainly not worried about it! I think the cruise line is excellent, and we loved Eclipse!

I thought it would be a way to improve the customer interaction by offering the luggage tags a longer time prior to the cruise. They say so on the web site, but it goes from 49 days down to 14 days if you use their Choice Air. And what about those spa reservations?? ! Aqua class is supposed to be able to have 'priority' bookings, and they want you to do it via the web site... but you can't! Ha!

Oh well... we still love the cruise line, and have already decided to book two more trips once we get sailing in TWO MORE WEEKS!!

Celebrity Eclipse, 2015 (liked it so much the first time, doing it again a year later!)
Celebrity Eclipse, 2014
Carnival Valor, 2013
Carnival Miracle, 2010
Carnival Glory, 2009
NCL Sun, 2007
Old January 29th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Familiar Face

Well... as a follow up.... the luggage tags did not arrive in time! Guess we will have to do it at the pier. It just seems strange to me that you can order the luggage tags up to 49 days prior to sailing, but if you use Celebrity's Choice air, you can't order the luggage tags until 14 days prior to sailing since you can't order the tags in either case until the e-documents have been issued. Those documents are not issued until 14 days prior to sailing if you use Choice Air (as we did... this time).

Oh well... looking forward to our trip! The adventure begins in a few hours, as we leave for the airport!

Celebrity Eclipse, 2014
Carnival Valor, 2013
Carnival Miracle, 2010
Carnival Glory, 2009
NCL Sun, 2007