Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Old October 2nd, 2018, 03:36 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default What Happens During a Medical?

Hello!

I've been lucky enough to be offered a job with RCI and knew all along I'd need a medical if successful. Now that the opportunity is here, I'm trying to find details on what to expect during the medical, an actual walk through so to speak.

Perhaps there's already a thread that I just couldn't find on here?

I'm currently in the Los Angeles/Long Beach area if anyone has any experience in this area it would be greatly appreciated

K
Old October 8th, 2018, 11:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi! I also got offered a position with RCL and am also trying to find info on the medical exam . I dont know why but it's really difficult to find any info on the interview process with cruise line jobs.. I called one office on the list of approved medical facilities and they quoted by a cost of $596 which is a lot higher than I was expecting. I don't understand why we can't just use our own doctors. And of course insurance doesn't cover it and we don't get reimbursed. Now I'm not sure if I'm willing to go ahead with the employement. My onboarding person told me I only have a week to do it so I'm not even sure I could make the time restriction.

Do you know if the cost is on per with other cruise lines? This is the first one that I've gotten past the interview stage with so I have nothing to compare it with.