Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old September 4th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Admiral

Default Friday Today

It's one am and again I cannot sleep. To much flooting around in my mind. It was a hard day, chemo for my mum and then my friend called me, and he asked me if I wanted to go for lunch. Without his wife, my best friend who had to go into work today, to clear her desk for the few days off she is taking for the funeral etc. Well, I knew he needed the company so I brought my mother home and then got him, and we had a good cry together. Later today the funeral and so on.

Tonight was more work in the Laundry room. The new sink , and all the copper pipes and plumbing stuff is bought and ready to go in tomorrow night. Also Sam bought a bunch of electrical things as he wants to move all the wall plugs and the dryer plug closer to the machines etc. He wants to move on plug closer to the freezer as well. When it is all done, it will be a much handier and easier to work in laundry room. I re stocked the food shelves with non perishables and I like where the shelves are now. Much handier.

Summer is here, now that it is fall. The weather has been just beautiful. They call for good weather right through the week.

Now that the old machines are disconnected, the laundry is sure piling up. I will be trying out the new machines Saturday night and will have no shortage of wash to try it out either.

Any ways, every one have a good day.
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all. Last day before a long weekend, last one of the summer!!
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is indeed summer at last! Where was this nice weather all of July???

This is my very last day of work after 9 years in the same place. It will be very hard to say goodbye, but I have to admit I will not miss all the crying that's been going on this week....

This afternoon I will go visit a long-time friend of the family to say goodbye before we move. Imagine, tea with a friend on a Friday afternoon - how rare is that when you're used to working full time?

Last night my rollerskating buddy and I went skating for one last hurrah.
We hadn't been in over 2 years, but it's like riding a bike - you don't forget, you just do it!
Believe it or not, we were the ONLY 2 people on the rink!! We had the place completely to ourselves and we had so much fun. It felt so good we wondered why we had stayed away so long...then we remembered...the music was terrible! We asked the attendant if he could change the music and he let us pick a CD that was only slightly better. At least we got to skate to the Grease soundtrack one more time!

Surprisingly, I'm not even sore this morning, and I actually had a great night's sleep for a change! Guess I'd better find a roller rink in Nova Scotia.....

donna
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
We're almost to the weekend. There's lots to do around here. I have plenty of work waiting for me.

Yesterday d/s started putting weight on his foot. I am very happy he has had no pain. The only problem is that he has gotten so used to being on one foot, I have to remind him to put the other foot down and use it. I think next Thursday when we get rid of the crutches, he'll remember .

There's not much else happening here. It's quiet, just the way I like it.

Make it a good one!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning fellow Cruisemates.

I am truly sorry for your pain, Delft.

R/D, you're amazing! If I strapped on a set of skates today, I wouldn't even be able to stand up without becoming an orthopaedic patient

B/W. Isn't it AMAZING how quickly children heal.............as opposed to how slowly do we of grandparent age!

Only thing on tap for today is a follow up to my procedure done last week. Had best think about getting myself in gear as we have to be in Johnson City (about 45 minutes up the road) by ten.

Prayers for everyone on the list and a request for Blessings on everyone! Have a great TGIF

Todd