Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old September 7th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Morning

Good Morning! Hard to believe that it is Monday already.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. Sam and I went to Ste Agathe, had a lvely lunch and sat by the lake. It was just beautiful out, and we had such a peaceful nice day.

When I got home, I got a call in some panic as my sister was having some pain. All seems to be OK now but I will make sure she gets her gall bladder ultrasounded in the next couple of weeks.Also some tears, talking about when my other will be gone. My mother and I cannot take away the pain, but we can at least let her know we love her and we can try and prepare her with these talks a little bit. It does help work through some "stuff".

My Machines...what can I say....I still love them! Even DS wants to do the wash.........Who knew a sink in a utility room could make some one so happy lol. My best friend has the same house as me and she doesnt have one, her husband told me that I should tell her that all she needs to do is place a bucket on the laundry machine and voila a sink.............he's lucky he is presently in mourning over the loss of his mother other wise we would both bop him one on the nose!

For today I am not sure what I will do. I would like to go to wallys world but I suspect they are closed today. We shall see. The alternative can be house work.....

Have a great day every one.
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Captain

Happy Labor Day!!!

Delft, So glad you had a nice day yesterday...you deserve it. I am praying for you and your mother, as I had the same thing last year with my dad. It was hard but I know he is at peace and no longer in pain. God takes care of us. As for the new machines...lucky you! My washer and I have a long talk before every load as it has been giving me some problems lately.

For us yesterday was a lazy day. Hubby needed to check the stock in one of his stores so I rode along and picked up a few items that were on sale. Mostly food. We had planned a family outing to the local putt putt course but the clouds rolled in and the 6 yr old decided she didn't want to be out if it stormed. For some reason she has become very fearful of thunder and rain. May have something to do with the tornado we had hit about 8 miles from us in July.
We ended up spending the day having a nice lunch then settled in and watched some TV. The golf tournament, tennis and of course NASCAR last night. It was a good race and the finish was fine with me. Love those bowtie cars!!!!

Today, hubby is working a short day. I have already got the daily chores done around the house and will spend a couple of hours doing some paperwork for a prestation I have in a couple of weeks.

Prayers to all those in need. Everyone have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it sure doesn't feel like a Monday!
Come to think of it, I guess every day will not feel like a week day to me anymore. Being unemployed will do that to you!

Yesterday was a lovely day for me too. Hubby and I met a very old friend of mine and his elderly mom for a delightful lunch on an outdoor terasse overlooking the locks on the waterfront. Being Labour Day weekend, there was certainly a lot of boat traffic and also pedestrian traffic along the waterfront.
Our meal was scrumptious, and we had a delightful time.

Then for dinner, we were invited to my friend/Pilates instructor's new apt.
She has a balcony overlooking a beautiful golf course, and we sat outside drinking wine and enjoying the view. She also prepared a wonderful 4 course meal, topped with homemade pumpkin pie and whipped cream.

It was sad in a way, saying goodbye to such good friends and knowing we may never see them again. Of course they are invited to visit us, as we've told everyone we're leaving behind, but we know how busy peoples' lives are.

Today, as the weather continues to be perfect Indian Summer, we are headed out to yet another invitation, this time out in the country at an estate where some old theatre friends of James' are holding a reunion/goodbye BBQ. A very nice, animated bunch of people I have met at previous reunions, it should be a good time with good friends, good food and good drink.

Our social calendar has never been so busy! But we will enjoy it all, as the next week or so will be extremely busy leading up to the move, and all the unpacking we will have to do once we get there!

donna
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning Delft, Sue and all who follow.

It's going to be another cloudy day here in upper East Tennessee with a high of 80 and some showers in the forecast. Actually, we need some rain.

Hope Delft, that your Sister rapidly gets her painful problem solved.

I too enjoyed the race last night Sue. I hope I clear the race traffic next week around Richmond on our way to Virginia Beach. I go right by the track but it should be early enough in the afternoon as to preclude many problems.

I'm not kidding you R/D when I say retirement can be one heck of an adjustment and often it isn't all "peaches and cream." That feeling comes later and THEN it's a whole new world!

Fran is cleaning today so I guess I'll clear out for awhile by going to see some elderly folks at the apartment complex I managed for nine years following my retirement. My gosh, here I am saying "elderly folks" and some aren't a lot older than I. Of course I just don't age

Hope those in the "lower forty-eight" enjoy their holiday (I say "lower forty-eight" because I figure those in Hawaii "live" a vacation and those in Alaska are on snow vacations twenty-four seven ).

Prayers and the request for Blessings continue on all!

Todd
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Typing from, a gorgeous what feels like a fall day Beantown. And it looks like it will be great all week.

Yesterday we went down the Cape to visit our old pals....whatta glorious day it was down there..We went to Falmouth, New Seabury, and I stopped at the store that sells my jewelry in Mashpee Commons...I exchanged the summer styles for fall colors and styles, and was so pleased to see how nicely my baubles are displayed...Nice to see it from someone else's point of view...

My cruise is coming is soooo fast, and we are looking forward to vegging out..I made a few reservations for the steak house, we'll see what we end up with...shopping in Fll, is making me smile already with anticipation.....to all Cruisemates.......

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates!
Delft hope things get straightened out with your sis, and your new renos and appliances give you more time to relax a little and enjoy the time remaining with your Mom.

Donna these endings and new beginnings are always so hard, but its a new chapter in the book of your life and that is very exciting. I am so happy for you and wish you the very best!!!

Todd your comment the other night cracked me up. I love hearing from you. I hope you enjoyed the video I sent you.

We have lots of work to do right now...sure wish someone would do it . I did get the sunroom about 75% cleaned out. I still have a ways to go. But it looks better. Kitty really likes to go out there and sleep on the patio furniture. I went through all the kids cubby's out there and now, I may actually be able to find something.

Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 7th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............sure does feel like fall.......but it's suppose to warm back up to the 70's & 80's for the next week or so........has to....our fair is starting & it's ALMOST always warm for that...........

Took the weekend off so now I've got mountains of laundry to do.....

Y'all have a great day.........

Sharon