Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old October 31st, 2009, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Default BOO! Happy Halloween! (and Saturday)

Morning Mates, and a most Happy Halloween to everybody.
I kind of feel I missed out on Halloween this year, I've never NOT had little ones around for a Halloween Party at school.
And from what I can tell, I'm pretty sure we won't have any Trick or Treaters here because nobody walks this road, the houses are too far apart.

However, we have plans to go into town tonight for another Trivia night at a combination pub/woodworking studio, and people are invited to come in costume if they wish, so I may see SOME Halloween!

donna
Old October 31st, 2009, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,
Windy, windy, windy. DH is on call and for the third time this week I got the bed all to myself .
Paper work on agenda this am - and laundry.
Early afternoon a "Birthday" luncheon for my nieces cat. On year ago today she got the cat from the Humane Society - so today we celebrate Turnip! The menu will consist of different dishes made from turnip. Keep in mind, turnip is not something we eat much of up here - at least in the circles I travel. Ilike it only a little, my mother likes it - but no one else enjoys it at all - so it could be a interesting meal. The cake is cute - looks like a cat head.
Then home and if I am up to it more paper work. I have been so tired since I started on the amox. I wonder if it is interfering with some of my other meds....one more thing to have to find out about.

Yesterday I decided, to go ahead and book my ticket to Florida for Thanksgiving. Since it is such an expensive time to travel I had a limit in my head I wouldn't cross. I was able to get my ticket - to fly out from Manchester, NH on Tues the 24 and return Tued, Dec. 1. Since I have the dreaded 5:20 flight - UGH!!!!, I booked a room at the Holiday Inn - at least I think that is where I booked - I can stay and park there and they shuttle me back and forth to Airport. All for $114 - I thought that was an excellent price. I stayed at this hotel last year when I brought my daughter to the Airport in Feb. and just the room alone was more than that. I also was able to get a ticket for 385 - so I was happy with that price as well.
Now, I just hope the weather is warmer in Florida when I am there this time. Last time I arrived with a cold snap! I also hope to get to see the Candlelight Concert at Disney, my daughter is in the mass choir - not sure which nights she is scheduled to sing - but sometime between the 27 and th 30th I hope is one of her nights!!!

I read thru all of yesterdays post:
to many of us not up to par! Todd, how can we thicken up that blood?

Mike - you were taught well - dh helps when he can, but he is just not home, or super exhausted. He lived alone for a few years, and he is actually much neater than I am.

Somehow I sat down before I got coffee, so I am in a fog -

Happy Howl-o-ween all have a good day - don't eat too much of the candy!
Old October 31st, 2009, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Going to be warmer today, but not much sun, and tonight the kiddles may get sprinkled on. BOO!

I am off to work, my one day, and I hope we see some action. Not sure where this spending is going on, the news talks about, but its not trickling down to Wellesley Ma

I dread this day every year, when we turn the clocks back....Kuki may not have to, in Arizona, and for RD, chat will be at 11pm? Oy!

Good thoughts to all, and, make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 31st, 2009, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............raining a bit this morning....not suppose to tonight for the kidlets.......let's hope so......

Taking the granddaughter to a Halloween party tonight.......she's gonna be a witch......a good one I hope.....

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old October 31st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good Halloween Morning:

It's a spooky day here. Betty awoke screaming and Kramer was barking and growling. It wasn't a supernatural phenomena or Michael Myers making a visit. I had just taken a shower and they saw me naked. The horror, the horror............

Today's agenda is a Halloween party at a friends house. The kids and grandkids will be there plus a bunch of other adults and children. It should be a good time. We're supplying the apples and wash tub for the bobbing for apples game. Or as it is also called: "The H1N1 transfer tub of horror".

Betty will be going as a witch. (OK: I won't hit that softball) My costume will be VERY spooky. Plaid Bermuda shorts, loud Hawaiian shirt, black socks, dress shoes and a Panama hat. I'm going as a tourist. The real scary part of that costume is that I have all that stuff.

Donna: I hope you have a fun time at Halloween trivia.

Jen: Enjoy your trip. To paraphrase the poet Snoop Dog: "They're partying down at the Holiday Inn. With Jen, the kids and all of their friends."

Trip: I hope the economy picks up and you are busy as bee.

I hope everyone has a great day and a "SAFE" Halloween.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 31st, 2009, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning and happy Halloween to all crusemates.

May your treats be many and may your tricks be fun.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old October 31st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone, and a very happy Halloween from the great state of Texas.

We had our first frost last night, so things are looking like fall.

Not much going on today. We debated about what to do about giving out candy tonight. One day we decided to do it, and one day not. I guess it will depend on our mood. Josh bought all my favorite kinds, so just in case.

I booked our excursion for our mini cruise in Dec. We love the Twister boat in Coz, so we plan to do it again. It takes you to passion island. Jim hopes for some, and I hope the sand fleas are gone.

Jim has started his count down clock. He is so ready to come home. Before he left, I stuck a small snuggle bear in his dufful bag. He has been sending me pictures every day with the bear doing something around camp. Some of them are so cute. Today it's the bear in a halloween costume, dressed like a devil.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Happy Halloween to all!

I had to stop and remember for a minute how to spell "Halloween" as all I've been writing for the past month is "Howl-O-ween."

Our huge Humane Society shindig has been postponed to tomorrow. Today is wet and dreary and tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful. I think we'll have a good crowd (at least I hope so) even if not as large as we would have had the weather been nice today.

Mike, that sounds as if your costume will be both appropriate for a cruiser and easy to get in and out of. Fran showed me a photo of something after which I should pattern a costume for me. It was of the Hindenburg. Rollerdonna, hope that you have a grand time tonight and come home a winner. Hope that you Trip had a profitable day at work. Luanne, if you don't have any trick-or-treaters tonight, you can send your candy to me....as long as it's Chocolate Also I'm both so glad for you and Jim that he'll soon be home. Jen, I love turnips drowned in butter and I was hoping instead of just lowering my Coumadin dosage, if I ate a lot of chocolate my blood would thicken. But then figured the blood sugar would put me into a coma....just ain't no cure for gettin' old! Have fun Sharon with your little Witch. And last but not least, I hope Manuel that you have a "frightfully fun" Halloween!
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Default Boo! Happy Halloween (and Saturday)

Good morning. Sunny, and apparently, quite warm here. No rain on the kidlets tonight.

Mike, Keith says, please be sure to post a pic of yourself in that costume!

Trip, I hope you're busy today, too. Sunday, I plan on using my$25 gift certificate from Talbot's to buy my self a long-sleeve t-shirt for $4.50.

Jen, that was a good price for plane and hotel. We're staying at a Holiday
Inn in San Diego in Jan. for $127, but it's across the street from the cruise terminal.

We're going out to dinner tonight in Pasadena. We haven't done the Halloween thing for years.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Happy Halloween to all.
Old October 31st, 2009, 01:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Todd:

Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, Kale and lettuce will raise your clotting level. Just don't overdo it or you'll protime will drop like a rock.

I imagine they want you between 2-3 so be careful.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 31st, 2009, 05:05 PM
Passenger

Happy Halloween all!

It's a nice 80 degrees here in AZ today, so perfect weather for all of the children to be out tonight.

Just went to the store to get candy, and really hope that all of it is gone by the end of the night, otherwise I KNOW I will eat it.