Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old November 6th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Admiral

Default Finally Friday!

Well, I had a rude wake up call from a five lbs dog who needed to go out. She still has not adjusted to the time change and unlkike the other two , if I tell her to go back to sleep, she is more like to "GO" on the carpet...
Trying to keep up with work and caregiving has been a difficult task these past few weeks. I am trying my best though. I think I will be putting the Christmas stuff up this weekend. I personally deep down dont think the palliative care doctor is right that she wont make Christmas, I just feel that,but at the same time, if it is to be so, then I want her to have her tree. Her and my sister absoluteltly love looking at the lights at night on a tree. It's not even that early for it really, normally we do it the first weekend of December and that is just three weeks away!
Bought two new area rugs for living and dinning room. It was time to replace the other ones and I needed a change. Saw something I liked and thought, "that will be nice".
Have a great day every one.
Old November 6th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Nothing like a rude awakening from the furry ones - I had one last week with the heaving and belching of a good vomit on the carpet.

Glad to hear you're hanging in there Delft, and if you want to decorate for Christmas, you go right ahead. What your mother and sister want is most important right now....

Isn't it nice to find something new to freshen up a room? I'm still decorating here, and having fun "re-cycling" items from one old room to a new room, or re-freshing things like re-finishing tables.

Well, it is a real N'oreaster (sp?) out there today, it is cold, pouring, wind howling and on the verge of snow. I will happily finish my packing today and tomorrow we drop off the animals at the kennel and drive to Halifax to stay overnight because our flight to Miami is very early Sunday morning.
Cruising' on the Connie - here I come!

donna
Old November 6th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

In a couple of hours I'm off into the wilderness to stalk the wily whitetail. In other words I walk in about a mile, set up my folding chair on the edge of the fire road and wait. I'll make sure I have plenty of emergency supplies in my backpack. i.e. Pop, candy bars, sandwiches a book and dry socks. I guess I'll have to put in a couple of clips and a pair of binoculars, GPS/Walkie talkie (so brother knows where I am at all times. We won't go into the problem we had two years ago. I may bring the rifle.

Donna: Stay warm and just think how nice it will be in one week.
Delft: Hang in there. The Christmas decorations sound like a nice pick-me-up.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............it's raining......windy......just real yucky.........

Mike.......enjoy the outdoors......stay warm & keep in touch........

Delft......decorate & enjoy........never too early to make someone happy...

RD.....have a good trip........

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,
Dark and cold and damp out there - no n'oreaster tho!
This week has been intense. Our Pastor has the flu - so that has increased what needs to be cared for here. I am tired - lol.

So many people with so many needs - much of my time is just spent in prayer, as I know not what else to do.

I am leaving soon to head on the long trek to Wal-Mart. It is Operation Christmas Child - aka - Shoebox Time. I love buying the things and filling up the shoeboxes. What joy it is to give to others. It truly is the greatest joy I know.

I need to catch up on the posts.
My prayers are reaching out to many of you.

Mike - happy hunting - I love a good venison stew
Delft - decorate and enjoy their joy in it
RD - safe travels

Find some joy in your day!
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Still hanging around in the Arizona desert. Not booking any sweat lodges soon though.

Supposed to get the keys to the new condo today. Sister and I went out shopping yesterday, and found furniture we both think my mother would like, so going to measure the rooms today, then go buy the stuff.

Have to get this all out the way so I can get back to important things like golf. Mrs. Kuki is coming down this week, so at least I'll be able to get the patio table assembled Haven't bought a bar-b-q for the patio yet, as she has to assemble that too

Delf .. I empathize with you over all the hard work you're putting in with family. I do know it gets VERY rough.

Mike... I empathize with your prey Don't fire at the ones that go Mooooooo!
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Dear rollerdonna:

I hate you.

Love,
your sister.
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Default Finally Friday

Friday, indeed. The sun is out, although reluctantly.

Delf, you are one courageous, strong woman, and you have all my admiration.
Donna, the weather you're having would have me close to a toasty fireplace! Happy sailing to you and James!
Mike, take good care.
Jen, there really are so many people that need prayers and help, now especially at Fort Hood.

Nancy told us that there will be four formal nights and eleven, yes, I said eleven, casual nights. I am disappointed that there are so many of the latter, but in all that humidity, it might be a good thing. Anyway, I'm glad I asked. A little too early to say, "Let the packing begin!"

Also, Keith found a pleasant hotel in San Diego that will keep our car in a closed structure and take us to and from the cruise terminal.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old November 6th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Dear rollerdonna:

I hate you.

Love,
your sister. Laughing

Oh Dear, I think my sister may be just a tad jealous I'm going on a cruise...

Next year Hez, next year it's YOUR turn, we will celebrate the big 5-0!!

donna