Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old January 6th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default New Year.. New Cruisemates ROLL CALL

Let's start out the new year with a CruiseMates roll call! Let's see EVERYONE, new and old jump in!!! Newbies become NEW friends, simply by using your fingers <G>

Kuki here from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.....cruising in just 20 days!

Old January 6th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Captain

Default Re: New Year.. New Cruisemates ROLL CALL

Checking in from Duluth Minnesota! I don't post everyday but speak up now and than.
Old January 6th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Carole, John, Michael and Ashley chiming in!
Just returned from a nice long vacation in Mississippi and now I have bronchitis again.
Nothing new for me, still at work, still going on!
Have a great 2004!

Old January 6th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Michelle and Mark, newlyweds from Orlando, Florida.

Just back from Millennium; nothing booked at the moment as we have to focus on nursing our depleted bank account back to health.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 6th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Phyll checking in here from SE coast of Florida and also west of Milwaukee WI.
Looking forward to Chatrat cruise in February on the Voyager and then a Cruise/tour in Alaska, the end of June, on the Celebrity Summit.

Nice to see some new folks posting here lately.

Phyll

Old January 6th, 2004, 10:12 AM
David Starkey

Greetings to all from Greensboro NC...I have been cruising since 1974 on a number of lines and great variety of ships . We have no cruises booked for 2004(1st time in 23 years). We do not like the current cutbacks in food areas and mega ship trends. We want a ship to be a ship with personality, not a floating resort with 3000 other people.
Old January 6th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Martie

Hi, I'm checking in from Ohio. Don't post a lot however, I read everyday. Our first cruise is in only 8 weeks, 6 days and well, just look at the clock below. Hopefully it works and I haven't messed it up. We're headed to the Bahamas and from the looks of things, no one has posted they are going at the same time. That said, I believe we'll have the whole ship to ourselves or those poor people don't know about this wonderful website. I can't tell you how much reading the posts have helped.

Thanks again!

Sovereign of the Seas

Old January 6th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

Karen, the e-coffee provider, sliding in from icy northern Germany. Our first cruise is booked waaaaayyyyyy off in the future. Until then IŽll read the extremely helpful boards at CM and bug everyone here :0)

karen
Old January 6th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Mary Bradley

Mary Bradley-Navy Wife and Cruise Sales agent from Virginia Beach, VA. I have been on the Carnival Victory twice-once to the Bahamas for a 6 day cruise, and to the Western Caribbean for a 7 day. Toured most of the Carnival ships.
Happy new Years!
Old January 6th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Admiral

We are Cindy & Mort from Tamarac, FL (suburb of Ft. Lauderdale). We moved here 28 yrs. ago from Toledo, OH and have been cruising ever since - our favorite way to vacation.
Cindy
Old January 6th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Joanne checking in from Yorktown, Virginia,,,,have been hanging around here for a few years now,,,glad to see some new "faces" .

Have been on 6 cruises so far,,,,have another one in a couple weeks,,,although my clock says my ship has sailed,,, I'd sure be singing the blues if that was true. <VBG>

Post Edited (01-06-04 10:45)

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Suzie

Suzie from Va. Beach, Va., sailing Feb.21st on Radisson Navigator.

Happy New Year to all.
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Yeoman

Hi: Bob & Sue from Canandaigua NY. No cruise on the horizon as we have had some unexpected medical expenses and I am still recovering from my daughters wedding last summer...moneywise. I am sure there wil be a cruise soon.
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:16 AM
First Mate

Hi! I am Bobbie from Bergen County, New Jersey. I am new to this site and have been enjoying it. My husband and I took our first cruise two years ago - Dawn Princess - Caribbean - and loved it. We are planning a Baltic cruise this summer. Thanks for all the great info.
Bobbie
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:20 AM
First Mate

Hi gang, I'm Larry from Howell NJ looking forward to my 5th cruise on Holland Ameica on the Veendam on Jan 24, 2004.
I've been reading the posts for some time now and just recently started to post.
Happy New year to all.
Happy Cruising in 2004!
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Beginner

Hi! Phil and Linda here, we have cruised once on NCL Sun, Loved it!! Now we are hooked!. I am a professional lurker so I read alot and don't post much. Looking forward to a cruise in Feb of 2005, I hope
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Joyful

I am Joyful from Ohio! Buckeye country (the only thing I love more than God, my family, and cruising!)! Last Friday's game (Fiesta Bowl) was awesome! They take us clear to the end wondering just how the game will end up, as they had been doing that all season long!

No cruises in sight for us, my DSH may be going for a visit to the Philippines in the fall, so no (cruise) vacation for us this year. My mom really wants to go on one, so I may get to go and take her on a short one (travelling to a port of departure really makes it difficult).

Happy to know all of you!
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Passenger

Hi,
Teresa here from England. Found cruise mates last month and think it is a really good site for a cruise junkie such as myself.

Cruising twice this year. On RSSC Mariner in March through the Panama Canal - sooo excited about that! and in the summer off to Norway and Iceland.
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:46 AM
L&S80

Mornin' y'all................Larry & Sharon checking in from the COLD Pacific Northwest. Snowing right now......suppose to get 5-8" today & only in the 20's. Sooooo we're ready for cruising. Can't wait til February........

Sharon & Larry

Voyager of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas
Old January 6th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Mark (Set2cruz) and Robin (Set4cruz, whenever she posts) from Wauconda, Illinois, where it's 2 degrees outside right now. Found this site last year before our first cruise. As you can tell from the clock below we're a few days away {{grin}} from our second. My posting has become sporatic but I read some threads every day.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old January 6th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: New Year.. New Cruisemates ROLL CALL

Doug and Marj here from Marmora NJ. Doug does the posting here. Looking forward to a much belated honeymoon cruise this summer!

Crown Princess March 2017
Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 6th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Passenger

beachmom here from Hutchinson Island Florida

Cruise in the planning stage, depends where a special pops up looking at 3 different spots in this lovely world of ours.
Old January 6th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: Re: New Year.. New Cruisemates ROLL CALL

Jeanne&Ellis from Palm City, FLorida. Found this site last summer and have been hooked since!! Love this site for info, and especially for the wonderful people you meet. Thanks for making my mornings a better time. We'll be cruisin' the Summit in March.

Jeanne

Old January 6th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Ray & Helen from Ocoee, Florida. Booked on the Seranade of the Seas, May 19 our of Honolulu. Its the Get Lie'd Again II with a group of our Cruisemates. We should have a ball. Hope to spend a week on the Island before boarding.

Old January 6th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Greetings from a blizzard in northern lower Michigan - Petoskey-Harbor Springs area. Good day to dream of a cruise!

Have done over 20 cruises, several different lines, can't think of a favorite one - what's a bad cruise (except maybe the Titanic). Nothing booked in the near future but something will show up soon.

Happy 2004 to all Mates!
Old January 6th, 2004, 03:47 PM
NancyM

Hi! Nancy and Ken here from Pasadena, CA (the home of the Rose Parade, Rose Bowl and now the site for the Mars landing. Can you tell I'm proud of my city?) I haven't posted in a long time but am a "lurker". When I first posted on the "other" cruise site with which Kuki was affiliated we had been on only one cruise. We just got back from a wonderful cruise (Celebrity "Mercury") to the Mexican Riviera which was our 11th cruise. Number 12 is already booked for May in Europe. We got a late start with cruising so are making up for lost time - Kuki, I doubt that you remember me from long ago but I send my best wishes to you and to all you wonderful cruisers who make for such interesting and informative reading. Happy New Year to all!!!

Nancy Marquart
Old January 6th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Admiral

PapaBill and Gram live in the northern suburbs of New York City. Our next scheduled cruise is 14 Days on Summit on Sept 17 , Alaska and the west coast to San Diego.
Two days pre in Vancouver and 2 days post in San Diego.
12 cruises in the last 8 years on 12 different ships. Summit will be our first ship for a second try. Gram has scheduled 8 days in Aruba for May to break up the year before our "big" vacation in September.
We are thinking as far out as 2005 now and a few things are currently in the discussion phase. Either a transAtlantic/ British Isles Cruise, a trans Atlantic/ Mediteranian Cruise
or a 10 to 14 day land based , two island Hawaii vacation (Kuai and Maui).
I guess Gram is going to have to get another job, things are getting longer and more expensive.
Old January 6th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

So nice to see some of our lurkers coming out to PLAY.

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Hope you all start posting often. It really is fun to participate!

Old January 6th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Chuck Palm and David Brenner, snowed in here in Vancouver, Washington. Please send a courrier in a helicopter with cruise vouchers in hand and plane tickets too. There is only one problem. They are cancelling many flights out of PDX as we speak.

I need a miracle.

These last few days we've watched way too many movies: Help!!! We're even running out of popcorn, not to mention movies.

Here is the list:

Road to Perdition
Unfaithful
Nowhere In Africa
About Schmidt
13 Conversations
Adaptation
Business of Fancydancing
Lincoln
Gettysburg

I may have to watch Fargo for the third time! I love the movie but the snow will put me in the chipper.
Old January 6th, 2004, 04:53 PM
First Mate

Tom checking in from Boston, Ma. Home of The Boston Red Sox, World Champions... What?????? Grady Little did WHAT???? opps I guess I have to wait till next year...... I been around here for about a year now posting from time to time and reading everyday. Smooth Sailing Everyone........ GO PATS!!!

Majesty Of The Seas 06
Carnival Victory06
Holland America Oosterdam 05
Carnival inspiration04
Carnival Destiny04
Carnival Legend03
Imagination99
Sensation94,96,98,01
Jubilee92,97,00
Festival87