We're booked on the Silver Wind: Dubai, UAE (29MAR2005); Muscat, Oman; Salalah, Oman; Safaga, Egypt; Aqaba, Jordan; Suez Transit; Port Said, Egypt.
A few questions:
1. Anyone out there going on this particular journey?
2. Anyone out there been on this journey in the past?
3. We're really curious about Salalah, Oman...what's there? Why are we going there?
4. If anyone has been on this type of voyage with SilverSea since 2001, did you have any security concerns?
5. What's the Suez Transit like?
Some folks have wondered why we'd venture to the middle east. Our philosophy is:
a) SilverSea wouldn't risk passengers and their ship if they thought it was unsafe
b) If it's my time to go, I'd rather go in an exciting locale than as a victim of the bumper of the M14 bus as it barrels down 14th St.