Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Silversea Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Why might you choose a Silversea cruise over other luxury lines?

I understand all the luxury lines are pretty darn good, but wondering what you think might draw you to Silversea instead of one of the others?
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I would have to say the shore excursion we had in Egypt were just amazing - and I am now in shock and greatly saddened that Egypt may now become another place where Americans rarely visit.

What a shame this is, but I am just so happy I had a chance to go a few years ago.

It just goes to show you - one should never miss an opportunity.
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Reading along with many of you, on the virtual cruise report Kuki wrote back in 08, on the Silver Shadow,I was struck by just how fabulous this cruise was,and wishing we were all cruising along with him..Each day was a good day

To be honest, this was the first time I thought I might like a smaller ship. The level of personal service was so striking to someone who has sailed, only, the big ones.

Daily updates, took us through the days,with of a level of unhurried leisure and pampering, that is just not possible on the larger ships ...Also the fact you really could have speak to every passenger onboard, makes for a different kind of cruising experience. The all inclusive aspect is nice as well. All the line offers, might make me, taking a looking into a cruise! We can dream!

With a nod to Kuki,and his virtual tour, still droolworthy Take a peek!Virtual Cruise Report from Silver Shadow - Feb 08

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; February 14th, 2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Admiral

The Prince Albert II is definitely a reason to take a Silversea cruise. The old World Discoverer operation by Society Expeditions was wonderful; Silversea has taken the ship and made it even better. Of course, I have yet to sail her; but am looking forward to next January.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14