CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Silversea Cruises (
-   -   Crystal is going all inclusive! (

Paul Motter March 22nd, 2011 05:55 PM

Crystal is going all inclusive!
In spring of 2012 Crystal will be going all-inclusive - meaning beer, wine and spirits will be included in the cruise fare - as well as gratuities for the staff.

They say the price won't be going up - but I imagine those generous onboard credits may go away.

Anyone thinking about trying it out?

Trip March 22nd, 2011 06:19 PM

I have to be honest, I assumed it already was, but you know what they say about the spelling of that word!:rolleyes:

Paul Motter March 22nd, 2011 06:39 PM

As a journalist it actually makes my job easier that they will be - because it makes the definition of the word "luxury" so much easier. In the past I had to say luxury cruise lines were all-inclusive, except for Crystal which still charges for alcohol and gratuities....

I think this is a very smart move for Crystal - it will change their perception by many people.

Mike M March 22nd, 2011 08:10 PM

I agree this is a smart move on Crystal's part. They really didn't fit into the "luxury" category because of their additional charges.

It moves the scale a little more in favor of me cruising with them but I do believe Crystal is a bit "too" formal for me and I will go with a luxury line that is more CC casual.

Take care,

Kuki March 22nd, 2011 08:36 PM

I think that's a very key move for them, particularly with the other luxe lines now having ships getting up to the size of Crystal.

Too bad they don't start it before Apr. 24 ... when I board :)

Marc March 22nd, 2011 10:30 PM

Its about time!

Still, Crystal still doesn't have full open seating so won't be sailing on their ships.

Paul, by the way, why did you post on Seabourn and Silversea boards but not Regent; the most inclusive of all?

Paul Motter March 23rd, 2011 01:35 PM

Just didn't get around to it - Mark ;)

No - seriously, the reason was because Regent is more all-inclusive and I didn't want to have to explain the differences. I will leave that up to you.... :)