Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2000, 04:37 PM
First Mate

Default Which Cruise Line/Ship?

I am a single guy in my 30's, and I am planning my second cruise. My first cruise was on the Carnival Destiny, but I'm now looking for a Caribbean cruise (hopefully not Western, as I've done this itinerary) that will be more upscale, with perhaps slightly more sophisticated entertainment, but just as many options and just as much fun!
I love the space and feel of the mega-ships, and I am considering the following: RCCL Explorer of the Seas; Grand Princess; or one of the Celebrity ships. Which of these (or any other ideas) do you think would be the best overall choice for meeting people (single between say, 27-38, or at least under 100 years old), having a nice cabin (I will go with either a suite or mini-suite), and having a fun, classy cruise experience? Thanks for your help! -- Jeff
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2000, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default RE: Which Cruise Line/Ship?

Hi ya Jeff..
I think for singles in your age bracket u might have good luck trying one of RCI's mega ships... Voyager or Explorer. Lots of options for activities so that could have an attraction for other singles.
You might consider looking at the CruiseMates Net Buddy Cruise on Explorer.. travelling with a group can be lots of fun, yet still offer the flexibility of doing what u want.
Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old October 2nd, 2000, 03:01 AM
Admiral

Jeff,

You might try one of the Southern Caribbean itineraries offered by MV Dawn Princess or MV Ocean Princess. In my expereience, the layout of the public spaces aboard these vessels seems to be much better than that of MV Grand Princess for meeting people.

Norm.
Old November 2nd, 2000, 07:15 PM
First Mate

I did the easten carib on the RCI Enchantment and had just the experience you're looking for. Read some of the on-line reviews. They're all good and true. I highly recommend it. I'm doing Grand Princess next for a change.