Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2000, 10:12 AM
TheChuck

Default Traveled alone abroad before, but not on a cruise

I'm a 21yr old senior at college and I'd like to travel abroad more before I graduate and start my job in September.

I am thinking about a singles cruise with people my own age.

I've already been to Greece, Colombia, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and Northern Ireland.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get more info ?

I'd like to travel again to Europe, but would consider doing the whole Bahamas thing or even Hawaii
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2000, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Traveled alone abroad before, but not on a cru

Hi Chuck,
Any thoughts on Alaska or Hawaii?? Sounds like you been to quite a few places already. Hope you find a cruise that suits your needs, actually sounds like a great idea for you at this time in your life. Here is a link to some tips on cruising single, have fun.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/singles/index.cfm>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 26th, 2000, 08:58 PM
Admiral

TheChuck,

I'm single and have taken six cruises, two with a friend (in another cabin since we're of opposite sex and not romantically involved) and four alone, and have had a great time on all four cruises. I usually request a large table for dinner, so I have a stable cadre of tablemates with whom to build friendships, but I also have not had any trouble at all meeting people and making friends throughout the ship.

I generally opt for organized shore excursions, especially on my first visit to a foreign port, rather than going ashore alone, as this provides some degree of security in unfamiliar surroundings. Shore excursions also are a great chance to meet people. Additionally, you generally will get to see a lot more of the nearby attractions with an organized excursion than you would be able to see on your own, though you probably will have somewhat less opportunity to interact with locals other than your tour guide.

I should mention that some of the Caribbean ports have really unusual attractions. As of right now, Aruba, Barbados, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and St. Thomas are my personal favorites. Princess's "Grand Mediterranean" itinerary (which will feature the brand new MV Golden Princess next summer) also has absolutely fantastic ports of call, if your finances permit.

Do have a great cruise, whichever ship and itinerary you choose!

Norm.
Old December 14th, 2000, 10:28 PM
Rose Eckhoff

Hi!!! My name is Rose Eckhoff and I'm an Independent Travel Agent for Travel Planners International (Fern Park, Florida).

I've traveled on several cruises (34 so far) both with groups and alone. WINDJAMMER BAREFOOT CRUISES might be a good choice for you. The cruiseline does a singles cruise and evens out the male to female ratio. They sail to places the bigger ships don't go to and you get to meet other folks quite easily. You can also help to hoist the sails or navigate these schooners which was kind of neat.

Many cruiselines have a guareenteed share program for singles. If they can't match you up with a room-mate then you just pay for yourself but get the double room. CARNIVALE is wonderful for this. I'd also check with the following cruiselines for singles specials: REGAL, COMMODORE, ROYAL CARIBBEAN, and NORWEIGEN CRUISE LINES.

Good luck with your quest!!! If you need further info or an agent to book a cabin for you, I'd be glad to help!!!

Rose Eckhoff, Travel Agent
Travel Planners International
E-Mail: TravelUnique@go.com (Best way to reach me)
Phone: (407)-671-8378
Phone: 1-(800)-631-3636