Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default singles and freestyle

I am booked "solo" on the Norwegian Sea on 3/19. Anyone know how the new freestyle system might affect my dining experience? Table for one = not much fun!

Jo
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2001, 06:34 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: singles and freestyle

I guess there are two ways to look at it. While you may not automatically get seated at a table with a bunch of nice singles, at least there is a possibility it will happen once in awhile. With the old style you would be stuck with whoever they gave you the first night, with free-style every night is a new adventure :-)

Also - if you do meet someone special you will have the opportunity to dine with them whenever you want with no poblems - that sounds like a plus to me. Have a great singles cruise :-)
Old February 14th, 2001, 11:00 PM
annmarie

Hi Jo, my name is annmarie. I'm a "young", single, retiree with two grown children. My husband and I were confirmed cruise-a-holics and I have been determined not to give up my love of cruising just because of the high prices and lack of a partner for evening activities. I am booked on the Crown Princess for the April 9th 2001 Panama cruise and was wondering the same thing you mentioned...free style dining. Would you be kind enough to let me know about your experience in March ? I live in central IL and plan to move to Florida within a year....I use year round golf as my decision maker...but I really think it is the availability of reasonably priced last minute cruising! Hope you will respond, my email is:annnmarie93@yahoo.com (3 n's) . Thanks!

Old February 16th, 2001, 12:21 PM
Pat Hagan

Jo, regarding the freestyle system and traveling alone, I suggest that you find the Maitre d' your very first night and explain to him you are alone and ask him to try and seat you with other solo cruisers. I am sure he will be glad to accommodate.

Something else you can do is attend the get- acquainted singles party that is usually held the first night. You might meet some people there you can hook up with.

Good luck, and when you return please post how everything went.

Happy Cruising!
Pat Hagan
Singles Editor