CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Singles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/)
-   -   Who's Been On A Singles Cruise? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/284568-whos-been-singles-cruise.html)

Pat Hagan February 7th, 2001 01:50 PM

Who's Been On A Singles Cruise?

I just returned from a Singles Cruise on Carnival's Paradise and would like to hear from others who have gone on these organized sailings. Please share your experiences.

Thanks.
Pat Hagan
Singles Editor
Cruisemates.com

Chet February 7th, 2001 10:23 PM

Re: Who's Been On A Singles Cruise?

Hi Pat :

I just have to see that Pic you took of us Mooning on the Paradise Jan 21 28 Had a Blast !!!!! I think everybody should do it and Its Ok to get a Little Crazy at the End of the Cruise LOL

Great meeting you Say Hello to Barbi for me .

Chet

ALAN February 8th, 2001 04:55 PM

Hi Pat. I have been cruising for 9 years. A few years ago I went with a singles group called Singles World but they have since gone bankrupt. Since then I have been going with Debbie Popick's Discount Travel Club. (http://www.singlescruise.com). It is by far much better going with a group of other singles rather than going it alone. That "lost in the wilderness of strangers" feeling is not there as the group gets together right off the bat and everyone gets to know each other. The camaraderie of your new instant friends adds a new aura of excitement to the cruise. Adventure seekers will love that. Ann Rotman the singles cruise director for the group does an excellent job of seeing to it that everyone has as nice a time as is humanely possible. Free parties with free drinks, games, get togethers of all sorts, special shore excursions and the list goes on and on. It is hard to keep up with it all.
I'm going again on the 8 night Southern Caribbean on Carnivals new ship Spirit for sure. At any rate Discount Travel Club is a cruise travel agency that I can recommend very highly.

Brneyznfl February 10th, 2001 04:23 PM

Pat, glad to hear you had a good time. Do you mind me asking what singles group you traveled with? The only other group I've found so far is the one Alan mentioned above. Thank you!

Marilyn February 12th, 2001 04:21 PM

Hi Alan,
I too am going on the Carnival Spirit Dec.5th with Debbie's group.
I was on the one she had last April 14th and had a great time. Good mix of age groups, we all got along very well. I usually travel alone but do like to go on at least one of her group cruises a year, and this time I picked the Spirit, it looks like a beautiful ship.
Hope to meet you on board,
Marilyn ( Cruzmama@webtv.net)

Pat Hagan February 13th, 2001 04:01 PM

Hi Alan,

I agree with you 100%. I just came back from a Singles cruise with Deb's coordinator, Ann Rotman. She does do a wonderful job, and if you will check Cruisemates' home page in a few days you will see my article about the cruise onboard the "Paradise" January 21-28.

Pat Hagan
Singles Editor
Cruisemates.com

Pat Hagan February 13th, 2001 04:03 PM

As I just wrote Alan, I was on Deb's cruise January 21 on the Paradise. Majestic is another agency featuring Singles cruises. Check their schedule on my Singles calendar.

Pat Hagan
Singles Editor
Cruisemates.com

ALAN February 15th, 2001 06:45 AM

Well hello there Marilyn and thank you ever so much for your kind response. Since Debbie and Ann know me so well it is my intention to be as gracious as is possible in offering to you one free drink, one free dance, or one free gesture of any kindness from a gentleman as you see fit. Please however do not misinterpret this as an inappropriate offer of any kind as Ann or Debbie would surely cause me to walk the plank! Actually I'm looking forward to meeting you and all the other guests on board. Alan

ALAN February 15th, 2001 07:09 AM

Thank you Pat for agreeing with me 100 %. You have earned the distinction of being the very first person that has ever done that. Actually I can tell that you are a very kind person at heart and so commend you for that. I have to really try hard to ascend to the level of common courtesy and compassion for the feelings of others that seems to come by you so naturally. Some people seem to have all the luck! God bless you, Alan

Brneyznfl February 15th, 2001 08:49 AM

Pat, great article about your singles cruise on the Paradise! I've been contemplating joining Discount Travel Clubs 4 day cruise in July. I've been hesitant, having never traveled alone, but after reading how well organized it is and that every seems to have a great time, I'm definitely going to go for it now!

Janice

Pat Hagan February 16th, 2001 11:12 AM

Thank you for the kind words, Paul.

Please keep posting and let us know about your latest cruise.

Best wishes,
Pat Hagan
Singles Editor
Cruisemates

Pat Hagan February 16th, 2001 11:15 AM

Janice, I am glad you enjoyed the article and hope you will go on a Singles cruise. I believe you will have a great time.

By the way, are you in Pensacola?

Pat Hagan

Brneyznfl February 16th, 2001 08:24 PM

Pat, yes, I live in Pensacola..wish I were closer to Miami though..! :)

Marilyn February 16th, 2001 10:34 PM

Hi Pat,
I too just finished reading your article about the the singles cruise. As you mentioned you are never alone unless you want to be. There are many things planned for the group, and you are always kept busy.
Last April I booked my first singles cruise with Debbie, and had a great time, lots of fun. I just booked my second one with her for Dec.5th,2001, and can hardly wait. As you can tell by my e-mail name I love to cruise. This will be my 5th cruise on Carnival. Just came back (Nov) from Grand Princess which was just beautiful.
Marilyn (cruzmama@webtv.net)

Ann Rotman February 17th, 2001 11:11 AM

Hi Pat:
Thanks alot for all of your wonderful words about Debbie of Discount Travel and me as Cruise Director. Your article was really GREAT. It really does describe our singles cruises. Debbie and I work hard to make these singles cruises turn out the way they do. Many singles have met each other on our cruises and many friendships and long lasting relationships have evolved. With best regards, Ann Rotman, cruise coordinator, Discount Travel Club

Ann Rotman February 17th, 2001 11:13 AM

Hi Allan:
Thanks for telling everyone about our cruises. We really appreciate your thoughts and describing the fun we all have. Its hard work but with singles like yourself, we have benefitted tremendously.
Happy Cruising - See ya in December, Ann Rotman

Pat Hagan February 17th, 2001 04:12 PM

Hi Brneyznfl,

Please write me at this e-mail address. I have some questions about Pensacola.

Thanks.
Pat

Brneyznfl February 17th, 2001 11:05 PM

Hi Pat, I tried to email you through the link from your name on the board which is an AOL address..but said "unknown member". Do you have another email address? Please feel free to email me, I'll be glad to help you with any questions you have.

Janice

ALAN February 18th, 2001 06:14 PM

Ann
No problem Ann, I enjoy being helpful, it's part of the fun and excitement for me. Remember how I talked to the van driver in San Juan and got the price of our own private tour down to $10 each when the cruise ship wanted over $30? Anyway I had an idea. I clicked onto Post Your Cruise Pictures Here. There are some really nice pictures there. Maybe you could post a picture of one of our group photos here like on the stare case or something. That would be a great way to let others have a better idea of exactly who we are. You know, one picture being worth a thousand words and all. Just an idea.
Alan