Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2001, 08:07 AM
First Mate

Default single cruises/age categories

Thinking of doing a single cruise...any suggestions as to a particular line for age group of 50? Wld like to do a cruise this summer - anytime.
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2001, 09:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: single cruises/age categories

I am 50, female, single and NOT gay. I am interested in cruising in Novem
ber. Carribean or Hawaii, someplace where the snorkeling is good. I am finding it difficult to get any of my friends to go at that time. I cruised on the Norwegian last year and it was alot of fun. I have heard that October or November is a good time to go because hurricane season is over. If anyone is interested in looking into a cruise for October or November please contact me. Judy wrote:> > Thinking of doing a single cruise...any suggestions as to a> particular line for age group of 50? Wld like to do a cruise> this summer - anytime.
Old May 1st, 2001, 01:47 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Judy, be sure to check out my singles cruise calendar. I think you would enjoy being with a large group of singles. Otherwise, I would suggest NCL's Norway while she is still sailing in the caribbean. I have cruised her many times and always found an abundance of 50+ singles.

Let me know if I can help with anything at all.

Pat Hagan
Singles Editor
Cruisemates.com
Old May 9th, 2001, 01:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Janice, I want to do a cruise in Oct. or early Nov. on a Holland America ship.I am married but my husband doesn't like to travel,so I am always looking for a cruisemate.I have done 6 cruises at that time of year and have had great weather and it tends to be off season a bit so its not so crowded.Hawaii or South America or Costa Rica are my choices,but I will do any cruise to go.I would love to go snorkling but am not a great swimmer.I just returned form 2 weeks in Bali and loved it, can't wait to go again.It's a toss up as to which I like better Bali or cruising which I never thought I would admit to.I was in Bali with my daughter and everyone thought we were sisters as we both tend to look younger than we are,being 30 & 50 they thought we were25 & 35,great for the ego!!!!If you are interested in criusing or going to Bali email me . Thanks Anna
Old May 9th, 2001, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Judy,

I'm single, in my 40's, and have taken seven Cruises with Princess. I have always felt right at home and welcome, and there usually are enough unattached people or people whose spouses "opt out" at activities that require a partner so finding a partner for activities that require it is not a problem. If you join in the activities and take shore excursions offered by the ship, you will meet lots of folks during a cruise.

Norm.
Old May 11th, 2001, 01:49 AM
Passenger

You mentioned early november. I have a great cruise!!
Date: November 1-12, 2001
Length: 12 days/11 nights
Destination: Costa Rica through the Panama Canal the Western
Carribean to New Orleans.
ABOARD CRYSTAL CRUISE LINES HARMONY! Since 1996 has been rated
the best Cruise line in the World.Awarded in such Magazines
as Worlds Best Large Cruise Line, Conde Nast Traveler, Fieldings
Guide to Worldwide Cruises.

Visting Grand Caymen Island,Cozumel,Mx.,Caribbean Sea,
Cartagena, Columbia, Cobia Island, Panama, Caldera, Costa Rica.,
New Orleans,LA.

Tremendous Value @ near 60% off brochure rate, 40% off of group
rates.
Special rates as follows:inside $1,965,ocean view $2,220,ocean view $2,410, Verandah $2,820.
For more information or questions please call:1-800-750-6797.
**Will need this number for the above rates:U86228673
Old May 11th, 2001, 03:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Tami, I have cruised on Crystal ships before and I still prefer Holland America,the staff are nicer and much more friendly on Hal. The timing is great as well as the intinerary.If it were a Hal. ship I would go with you in a second.
Old May 12th, 2001, 08:19 AM
Pat Hagan

Norm, you are so right in saying you can meet plenty of people on a cruise. All you have to do is go onboard with an open mind and an attitude focused on fun. And the key is not to worry about the fact you are traveling solo, because actually you aren't! You're cruising with hundreds and hundreds of people. You just aren't sharing a bathroom with them. :-))

Pat Hagan
Singles Editor
www.patriciahagan.com
Old May 20th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Yeoman

Hi
I'm single in my early 50's. I'm scheduled for the July 15th Dover-Stockholm cruise.
I would be interested in meeting other singles that are on that cruise.
Linda