Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2001, 12:34 AM
Passenger

Default Room mate in Pre cruise hotel??

I am meeting my fried on board the ship, so I will be staying in a hotel in Miami thru the Carnival Fly Aweigh program. I just got my docs and noticed that they say that they could put another person in my room with me! Has anyone ever had this happen??
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2001, 10:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Room mate in Pre cruise hotel??

Patti,

It depends how you booked. Most cuise lines offer two options.

>> "Single Occupancy" pay a surcharge over the normal fare called "single supplement" (it's typically 50-60% for standard cabins and 100% for cabins with balconies, deluxe cabins, suites, and minisuites) to have your own cabin.

>> "Guaranteed Share" means that the cruise line will attempt to match you with a roommate of the same sex, but that you get a room by yourself without paying the supplement if the cruise line does not find a match.

If your cruise documents say that the cruise line can assign a roommate, it's because your travel agent entered the booking as a "guaranteed share." If your travel agent did not explain the distinction clearly to you, your gripe -- and it is legitimate -- is with your travel agent rather than with your cruise line. It is the travel agent's responsibility, in booking a cruise, to ensure that you understand the terms under which you are booking it.

That said, most cruise passengers are really nice people -- like you ;-) -- so the "guaranteed share" arrangements usually work out quite well.

Norm.