Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Sherry
Default HELLO EVERYONE . . .

My name is Sherry. I am 44 years old, single, and have thoroughly enjoyed all 14 cruises I've been on, and am now looking forward to booking my next cruise for February 2002.

While I realize there is no way to predict what clientele you will find on any given cruise ship, I'm wondering if anyone has found a particular ship, or itinerary that tends to attract more "singles" rather than couples. I'm sure there are more singles out there wondering the same thing, and think it would be helpful to hear opinions from the "experienced" solo cruisers.

Also . . . it appears there are several singles who visit this site regularly. (Norm, Russ, Brneyznfl, Linda, Pat) Does any one have an interest in organizing a "group" cruise, so that we could all meet each other? Think of the fun we could have exchanging stories at the dinner table! etc. Anyone up for this?
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: HELLO EVERYONE . . .

Sherry, send me an email, I have some information you might be interested in regarding putting together a singles group cruise.
Old July 10th, 2001, 09:34 PM
Russ

If we got a group together what departure city would everyone prefer?
Old July 10th, 2001, 11:43 PM
Ck

Hello everybody:

I have been reading these e-mails and I have to say that I'm 50/50 on the whole nine yards . If you are talking about sitting around a whole bunch of 45-55 year olds and playing bridge and knitting HAL is for you . I'm a young 49 and a very out going person and that is the last thing I want to do is be with some people that are my age and act like they don't want to let loose and have some real fun . I have been on 4 cruises and I really enjoyed hanging out the 25-40 year olds it made me feel very young and when you are on a cruise there are times when you have to put on the Ritz and there times you just let loose and ENJOY your self . I have had great luck with singles cruises and you can go to the Search engine and type it in and you'll be surprise how many you come up with ,I strongly believe that "Life is to Short to wear tight Shoes " and "Gather Ye Roses While Ye May"

CK
Old July 12th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Sherry, read my posting on doing a Cruisemates Singles cruise and let me know what you think.

Pat Hagan
Singles Editor
Old July 17th, 2001, 11:17 PM
First Mate

Well, your message certainly was clear enough. I couldn't have expressed it any better and I wonder how many more cruisers face the same problem? I'm a 69 year young widower and in better shape then when I was in my forties. I enjoy adventure cruises and did both the Galapagos Islands and the Upper Amazon last year. When I want to Party, I like to eat, drink, dance and be merry. Also it would be nice to get a little romance involved, if possible. Tough to do with the younger crowd although I certainley enjoy their company. Where are all the " Fit and Trim " active ladies over 50 ? Are we on to something ? I wonder how many cruisers are in each age bracket on a typical singles cruise ? Anyone have any ideas ?