Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2001, 04:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default It's Not Easy Being Short!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rob and I am currently a practicing attorney in New York City. I decided to start this discussion because I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the manner in which people react to me as a professional of small stature. I am 5'4", and have found it to be somewhat of a professional impediment to say the least - it seems that somehow people automatically associate height with power and credibility.

However, I found a new product that I have been using for the past couple months, and find it quite helpful. They are simple foam shoe inserts, that give you between an extra 1-2 inches of height, and no one can tell you are wearing them. As terrible as it sounds, I have actually noticed a marked improvement in my business and personal relationships when I am wearing them (I use the 2 inch model).

I order them from www.shoelift.com, and am interested in finding out if anyone else uses them and has noticed the differences I have. Also, does anyone else out there find how such a nominal thing as someone's height (or lack thereof) can cause such a significant impact in business and personal relations? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated,

Regards,

Rob
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2001, 09:27 AM
jparr

Default Re: It's Not Easy Being Short!

Rob.....I'm short too, but being female it's never bothered me! I remember in school when we had to line up for pictures by height.....I was always at the end of the line. I can understand your feelings, especially with your profession! Glad to hear you found a product to help. Hang in there!

BTW....my heart goes out to the horror New Yorkers were faced with yesterday. Obviously, the rest of the country was in shock, but we can't begin to imagine what it must have been like to be that close to it. God Bless!
Old September 25th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Dosha

Default Re: It's Not Easy Being Short!

hi i am short to i am 5,2 and a women and work in a fac i get calld shorty all the time but thats ok with me so im short