Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2001, 05:59 PM
Russ

Default laptops

Hey cruise veterans quick question. Have any of you taken a laptop computer onboard a Carnival ship? Is there anything I need to know about that? What about internet access? I know most of you are all romance but just in case I don't connect I want to do some writing. Thanks Russ
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2001, 01:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Storm'n Norman
Default Re: laptops

Russ,
Yes, I have taken a laptop many times aboard Carnival Ships. However, Carnival does not have access to the Internet from your cabin or elswhere. It does not stop you doing some writing or uttilizing a CD-Rom drive etc. to do whatever you need. Just power up and do your thing! I even used it up on deck (by the bar) - but did get some strange looks!
Storm'n Norman
Old October 2nd, 2001, 06:04 PM
Admiral

You are not going to connect with anything if you are sitting around with your head buried in a computer. Leave your laptop home,YOU ARE ON VACATION!!!!!
Old October 2nd, 2001, 08:22 PM
Russ

Thanks Bill but I am one of those fortunate people who is more or less on permanent vacation. I play golf about six days a week in Gulf Shores ALabama,
a paradise unmatched for its beauty and serenity. There are many women here but the same old scene gets boring after a while so I thought I would get away from one good life and try another. Don't have time for laptops here so I thought maybe on the cruise if the single babes stay home. Regards Captain Russ PS Any young ladies looking for a sugar daddy?
Old October 4th, 2001, 12:18 AM
Channon

Hi Russ!
I just LOVED your message... just TOO cute-ums!!! Anyway,,, I AM a cruise LOVER and I also know of "gulf-shores"...( Just beautiful) ( I also live in Alabama...Gorgeous) ! I don't know much about the computer/accessability (on- board ) because I'm usually at the deck pool, bar or on tour, but I do know that the lines usually have access on-board to their computer facilities! But hey, you are going to have soooo much fun that you are going to forget about that little machine and pump up your own and have some FUN!!!! ( I am going sailing October 21-28th from Puerto Rico... When are YOU going????) Have you considered a sail aboard the Seabourn or the Radisson Cruises??? These seem to be cruises designed for the "intimate" but luxury sailers. Just thought you might like to peruse these...Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Nice to chat with another afficionado of cruising! Bon Voyage and Bon apetite! Respectfully, Channon
Old October 4th, 2001, 05:52 PM
Russ

Thank you Channon for your kind words of advice. I am sure that my "machine" will be ready for action although I have not had it serviced lately. I am going on the Carnival Inspiration from 11/18 to 11/25, western Caribbean out of New Orleans. I had not considered the Seabourne line although I am glad you suggested it. Intimate and luxurious are two of my favorite words so I will check it out. Wish I was going with you in October but alas other committments. I am looking forward to fun as well as laptopping whatever that means. I sure hope you have a great time and meet lots of nice singles. Captain Russ, one romantic guy.
Old October 7th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: laptops-the perfect solution!

I have found the perfect solution to laptops. It's called "AlphaSmart," weighs two pounds, runs 500 hours on two AA batteries, stores up to 100 pages that can be divided in 10 files. It has a standard keyboard and a small monitor that lets you view four lines as typed. All you do when you get back to your PC is plug it into your keyboard with the adapter that comes with it, hit the "send" button, and, viola! The words magically scroll across your screen for editing and printing in your word processing program. You can also buy software for $29.95 that will allow you to download from your PC into your Alphasmart for works in progress. This is perfect for traveling, because you can use it anywhere--airlines, waiting rooms, traffic jams, and, of course, your cabin, poolside,and beach! The cost? (You won't believe this!) only $199.00! I found out about it at a writers convention.

If you want further info, e-mail me and I will tell you where you can learn more.

Pat Hagan, Singles Editor
Old October 8th, 2001, 01:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Storm'n Norman
Default Re: laptops-the perfect solution!

Pat,
Tell me more.....as you already know,I cruise 3-4 times a year and this sounds just what I need to work with whils't I am cruising or on the road.You may e-mail me at cclcruiseaholic@hotmail.com with any additional information.
Thanks and it's only 41 days till Storm'n Norman and Sherry - The Cruise Queen Cruise aboard the Victory!