Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Remaining anonymous

Default Prince charming or not?

I went on my first cruise with Royal Caribbean just a few weeks ago and had an absolute blast - I fnd it amazing that so many remember your name, which I find amazing since they turn a new crew each week. They made me feel right at home. The service, food and entertainment were outstanding and now I am hooked. When can I go again?

I do wonder though if anyone out there knows of any success stories between a crew member and a passenger? Yes, I read the article about the unlikelyhood of it working out on this site, however, I met this incredible guy who I have been corresponding with since my return. In fact, he was on my machine the night I got home. My friends are mostly supportive, however, many think that I have lost it, to even think that something so geographically challenged even has a chance. My thoughts are you only live once and why shouldn't you take risks and pursue what might be the best thing that ever happened to you. Any feedback?
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Prince charming or not?

Go for it, girl, only you know where it is going to go. Just be careful, take your time, and don't rush into anything. You know the risks and chance for heartache, but there is also a chance for happiness. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck with your Prince Charming!
Old January 25th, 2002, 01:54 PM
worktocruise

Sounds interesting. You're welcome to e-mail me at iwork2cruise@yahoo.com and I might share a little info with you. I've had both good and bad experiences. Look forward to hearing from you!
Old January 26th, 2002, 09:56 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

I know I wrote the article on "romancing the crew," and while I don't encourage relationships with crew members, I have to say that you have to go with your instincts. If you think this is right for you, go for it! And if it doesn't work out, at least you gave it a chance.

Good luck...and keep us posted here on the Cruisemates Singles Board as to how it works out!

Pat Hagan, Singles Editor
Old January 28th, 2002, 12:59 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

Go for it! Like the other message said - take your time, go with your instincts, etc - don't, however, spend all your money to cruise with this guy - let him come see you - if its meant to be, it will be! Use your head. I met my current guy on a cruise October 2000 and he lives in another state - we only see each other every 4-6 weeks but its been great - don't know where it will go but I'm certainly enjoying our travels together for now. Good luck!