Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Read about Tom's first solo cruise

Tom writes about his first solo cruise and it sounds like he had a great time even if he didn't find Britney Spears onboard! :-)) Read his story, and then let's hear some of YOURS!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Author: TomS (---.denver-28-29rs.co.dial-access.att.net)
Date: 03-28-02 16:19

I don't know if being a single as part of a singles group counts, but I got back from the 3/3/2002 Paradise sailing as part of one of the singles cruises on this board. I had a great time, and would definately do it again. I was assigned a roommate with our group, and he was a nice guy from Louisiana and re really hit it off, even though I kept calling him "Steve" when his name was "Christopher".. On the first night, I met a great woman in our group. We were at the same table for dinner, and afterwords we went to the disco. We got in some good dancing, some of which was pretty close (her hand was in my FRONT pocket during a slow song). Unfortunately, her ex-boyfriend was also in our group, and on the second day, they decided to hook back up (I think I was being played). Oh well, all it cost me was 30 hours of my cruise and $3.45 for a box of condoms (and I still have them all). After I found out everyone else was pretty much hooled up already, I gave up the hunt for a romantic interest and decided to have fun. I tried to participate in as many group activities as I could, and see what happened. That strategy worked well. I had a good time, and made some very good friends. The conga line was a highlight. Many people form my table mates to the matre-d said I looked great on the replays they played on the ship's TV. Aparently, I was the only one who knew how to do the Macarena. I am looking forward to my next cruise. I am seriously thinking about the Halloween cruise, but I haven't made a firm decision. I will probabilly decide sometime in mid-May after I've paid my taxes and have some money for the deposit.
Sponsored Links