Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Shares...

Has anyone done this? I am looking at the Pride for either June 15 or 29th. It would save me $400 as oppose to booking the single supplement. Any horror stories? Any good stories? I have one last chance to cruise this summer, but unsure if I should risk the share. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jodi

Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2002, 10:28 AM
dgm

Default Re: Shares...

Hi
I did a share with Carnival in 1998 and it was a nightmare and ever since I just pay a suppliment to avoid what happened. Carnival had assured me that they put suitable people together in share arrangements - same age group, likes, dislikes, etc,,, (smoking/non smoking) etc....Anyway, I was 29 at the time and they put me in with a 56 year old who was an alcoholic and pot user. He smoke in the cabin, the bathroom, and was drunk most evenings and when he mixed in the pot on one occassion he flipped out in the cabin one time in the middle of the night - I attempted to switch cabins but was told that the cruise was sold out and that no cabins were available - I avoided my cabin like crazy and was not even comfortable sleeping there either - I say unless you can talk to and correspond to your prospective"share" before the cruise - just pay the suppliment - it not worth getting your vacation ruined if you don't mesh with the person sharing your cabin - I am sure there are lots of possitive stories on shares but after my nightmare I would never consider it unless as Isaid before, you can contact that person before hand and get to know them. Good luck on whatever you decide!
Old June 3rd, 2002, 03:09 PM
worktocruise

Default Re: Shares...

I would tend to agree with the previous poster! I did a "share" once on Royal Caribbean and was lucky to have no one else assigned to my cabin. Personally, I'd never take the chance again. As nice as a person may seem, you never know what's going to happen and you're taking a chance.

The single supplement has been hashed over and over on every cruise board. For myself, the philosophy is this.....it's pay the single supplement or don't cruise! I choose to cruise!!!!!....so I'll pay it!