Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Favorite cruise ship for singles

What is your absolute favorite ship for singles? Forget an organized singles cruise. What I am asking is--if you were going to book a cruise, sailing alone, paying the singles supplement, which ship would you consider to be the best?

Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Favorite cruise ship for singles

Hi Pat,
As a somewhat newbie cruiser, I'm looking forward to hearing the answers to this one.
Also would like to hear your favorite about your favorite cruises/cruiselines.
Faith
Old July 28th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Passenger

Hi Pat, I'll be taking my third single cruise on Dec. 12th on the Carnival Legend, don't know what this cruise will be like, but I can tell you how my other two were. My first single cruise was on the Carnival Imagination, I booked a single share cabin and that was an experience in itself, but I had a blast anyway. The table I was assigned to for lunch and dinner the entire table were of singles, there were 10 of us, I don't know how Carnival managed to do that, but we all hung out together during the entire cruise, and I still keep in touch with some of them today. On my second cruise my traveling companion canceled at the last minute, so I was cruising alone for the second time, this time I had a cabin to myself. I was sailing on the Carnival Paradise, which was great being that it was a smoke free ship, and again I met and made new friends. I just love how Carnival has on the first night at sea a singles party in the nightclub, the things they make you do. Well I just hope that on this cruise in December I will have another fantastic time since I will be celebrating my birthday also. I will definitely let you know.
Old July 28th, 2002, 10:54 PM
CK

Default Re: Re: Favorite cruise ship for singles

Carnival Paradise . Its a No Smoking Ship and it was great . I actually quit Smoking on that ship 2.5 years ago . It was a great way to quit I 'm glad I did !!
Old July 29th, 2002, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Re: Re: Favorite cruise ship for singles

Congratulations! I like the Paradise, too, because it is a non-smoking ship.

Old July 30th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Pat,

I would choose any of Princess Cruises's four sisters, MV Sun Princess, MV Dawn Princess, MV Sea Princess, or MV Ocean Princess (soon to become MV Oceana of sister line P&O Cruises)... though MV Royal Princess isn't a bad second choice!

Norm.
Old July 31st, 2002, 12:02 AM
Auguste Herrin

Default Re: Re: Favorite cruise ship for singles

Oh my not a single NCL ship in there, might not be a good choice Auguste
Old August 9th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Luther Myrvold

Default Re: Re: Re: Favorite cruise ship for singles

I was a single on the Norwegian Wind from Sydney to Auckland, 14 days. I liked it. I had no problem with either service or passengers including me into activities or dinning.
Old August 15th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Elisa

Lindblad is an expedition company that goes to far-flung places like Antarctica, the Arctic Circle, Galapagos Islands, Costa Rica, Baja California.... The variety of ways to explore beyond the ships—by kayaking, hiking, Zodiac cruising and snorkeling, etc.—mean that couples and groups often select to go in different directions throughout the day. By the second or third day into an expedition it is often difficult to tell who arrived with whom. On my most recent trip w/ them to the Galapagos, I never felt "odd"... it seemed easy to pick up conversations w/ anyone who was on the same outings I was on.

The atmosphere on the small ship (Polaris in Galapagos had room for about 70, but some of the ships are larger-- room for 100) is casual. Solo travelers can take advantage of open seating arrangements at meals. Many of the tables were set for odd numbers of guests... and the naturalists sat with different guests at mealtimes, too.

Oh, and the single supplement was only 1.25 pp/double occ!
Old August 16th, 2002, 03:28 AM
Roy

My favorite west coast ship for single fun, has to be Canival's Ecstasy. Every weekend it sails from Los Angeles for a quick, and inexpensive 3 day fun fest! There always seems to be plenty of singles aboard, people who just want to get away for a weekend, and party their buns off. Great for younger singles.... ummm under 50ish, but if your taste is more upscale and sedate, try another cruise line.
Old November 12th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Passenger

Islehopper,

I'm sailing single on the Legend on Jan 5 ,03. I'd love to hear what you thought of the ship as well as single life aboard. Have fun!