Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Passenger

Default To share or not to share

Anyone have any suggestions on sharing? Or do you have an experience with a single share? Any hooror stories that may change my mind? I would greatly appreciate your input. I'm thinking about a Carnival 1A share or maybe I'll pay the supplement and get the whole room.
Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2002, 10:49 PM
Beginner

Default Re: To share or not to share

Jeff,

If you can afford it DON'T share a cabin with a stranger! You don't know that persons sleeping habits or personal hygene. 9/8/02 will be my 4th solo voyage and believe me you will want your moments of privacy. You may want to take a nap during the afternoon so you can stay up late, or maybe go to bed early. What happens if your cabinmate has opposite desires? Don't cruise with a cabinmate unless you know them very well!

Regards,

Vince

Old August 14th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Doll

I wouldnt do it but the girl I am going with was doing a 1A share, until I decided to go with her. But she booked about 3 weeks before me and they still didnt not have anyone to put in her room. And they still have rooms available. We are going August 24 - 28 to cananda. When are you thinking of going? Hey if you want take a chance if you would like. Think about it how many singles might happen to cruise while you are cruising? Remember they have to find another single male. Well good luck in whatever you decided and let me know what you decide and when you are going.
Old August 16th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Re: To share or not to share

I am working on an article on this very subject--to share or not to share. I will let everyone know when it is posted on Cruisemates.

Pat Hagan, Singles Editor
Old September 15th, 2002, 05:08 PM
gunckel@go.com

I have done a single share twice with satisfactory results. Just don't assume that the person who shares the cabin with you is going to become your best friend and will want to do things with you.
Old October 13th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Tony Geraldi

Default To share or not to share

Pat -

Maybe you could include a list of all the ships with single cabins, or provide a list for me. This January will be my 12th cruise as a single passenger with never paying a single supplement. How you ask? 4 cruises on the now retired Pacific Princess with 2 single cabins, 3 cruises on the QE2 with about 70 single cabins and the rest with special rates on Princess and HAL whereby they waved the single supplement. My January cruise will an Australia cruise on the Prinsendam with 2 single cabins. A list of ships with single cabins would definitely benefit myself as well as other single cruisers planning future cruises.

- Tony