Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2002, 09:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Y R all singles cruises to the Caribbean????

Is anyone aware of singles cruises that go to places other than various Caribbean islands?

I would love to do a singles cruise, but all the offers, whether for an entire ship or just a smaller group all seem to be for cruise in/to the Caribbean?? What do you guys think? has that been your esperience as well????????

I have been to the Caribean so many times, I would like to see singles cruises offerd in other markets.. say South America, Europe, the South Pacific, Australia, Africa etc... Wouldn't you??????

Just my two cents.

Pat... any comments?????

Annette
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2002, 10:42 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Y R all singles cruises to the Caribbean????

Actually, Annette, there are singles cruises offered to other places besides the Caribbean. For instance, Singles Travel International ((www.singlestravelintl.com) has a cruise November 6 from San Francisco on Cruise West's Spirit of Endeavor to the California wine country. In 2003 they offer a February voyage in Australia and New Zealand, and a cruise in Istanbul and the Greek Islands in August.

I am in the process of putting together the 2003 Singles Cruise Calendar, and I will notify everyone here on the Singles Message Boards when it is up and running.

If I can help in any way, just let me know.

Old November 1st, 2002, 02:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Y R all singles cruises to the Caribbean????

Great. Thanks for the info. I will be looking forward to reviewing your calendar. I am particularly interested in Jan-Feb 03.

Annette
Old November 1st, 2002, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Y R all singles cruises to the Caribbean????

Annette,

If there's a destination that you would like to visit, just book a cruise on any of the major lines that goes there. You probably will meet other single passengers of your age on board. If you pick a line that matches your tastes and lifestyle and join in activities that match your interests, your odds of finding a "soul mate" rise substantially.

Have a great cruise, whatever you decide!

Norm.
Old November 1st, 2002, 08:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

The point I am trying to make is that if there are 100 singles cruises/programs in a year, I would bet that at least 90 of them would to/from or in the caribbean.

Thanks for you advice Norm, and thanks for taking the time to post a response.

I often do exactly what you suggest, not just with cruises but with travel on the whole. I decided several years ago that if I could travel only when I have companions who were willing and able at the same time I am, then, I would not get any real travel done. So....... I do go off on my own....very often.

However, I can attest to thte fact that I have been on cruises (outside of the Caribbean)where there have not been any single or solo travelers within 10 years of my age. It may just be due to the fact that cruises outside the Caribbean tend to cost more, and also requires international travel to/from the port(s) at the beginning/end of the trip. Add to these expenses the exorbitant single supplements, and you have ruled out most singles in the 0-35 age group who are not travelling with their parents or do not have (huge) trust funds. Fortunately, I am flexible, outgoing, interesting, resourceful. (not to mention brave) and can get along with people of all age groups, and so some how, things always work out (eventually) and I tend to enjoy my trips.

Nonetheless, it would be nice if there were a few singles cruises to more 'exotic' itineraries (which I tend to do) as that would mean a higher percentage of people that I could hang out with, and a bigger group from which to find potential cabin mates. Also, it woud encourage a few cruise lines to waive the single supplement (I hope anyway).

Ah well......to more singles cruises!!!!!!

Annette
Old November 5th, 2002, 06:59 AM

Booking on "any" major cruise line is not always the best choice for a single as certain lines attract certain ages. Also, what single would enjoy a Disney Cruise?

Old November 6th, 2002, 11:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Y R all singles cruises to the Caribbean????

Maybe Mickey... ahhh... on second thought, he has Minnie.. right????

Hahahahha