Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2002, 09:16 PM
Yeoman

Default "HELP" solo passenger at the supper club

i will be on my first cruise (WHOO-HOO) and solo. i will be on the carnival spirit going to alaska. i want to make the most of the whole trip and try the navou supper club. i hear so many wonderful things about it. MY PROBLEM IS, i am travelling single and i feel dining alone there will be awkward and very boring. i know from the boards you have to book right away to get a seat there. does anyone know if they try to pair up single diners so they wont be eating alone. i really want to try it but not by myself. i love being single, but there are times when it does have its dissadvantages. thanks for any imput. dusty
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: "HELP" solo passenger at the supper club

Dusty, there is no reason for you to dine alone. As soon as you get onboard seek out the maitre d' and tell him you are traveling solo and would like to be seated with other single passengers. If there aren't any (and I really don't believe that will be the case) he can seat you with couples in your age range. I have cruised before and found myself the only single onboard but still made friends with several couples and we went ashore together, attended shows together, etc. Just don't be a wallflower. Get out and mingle. And I always recommend to read my articles on cruising single. Just go to Cruisemates' singles section. And if you have any questions or if I can help in any way, just let me know.

Have fun!
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor
Old November 11th, 2002, 11:55 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: "HELP" solo passenger at the supper club

pat,
thanks for the quick reply. i do intend to get involved and mingle. this is going to be a great cruise for me. i have done alot of research already and have mountains of advice and tips from this board. i was just wondering about the seating at the supper club, but thanks to you, that question has been answered. im sure i will be back with more things to ask about. this is a great board and i check through it every day. dusty
Old November 13th, 2002, 10:53 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: "HELP" solo passenger at the supper cl

Pat, I think you missed the question's gist.

Dusty wants to go to the PAY restaurant, for which you have to make a reservation in advance stating the number of people. There aren't singles matches for the pay restaurants that I know of.

Dusty, you might want to try this and other boards to see if anyone is sailing on your date and if anyone would like to dine with you there. I very much enjoyed the supper club. I'm cruising on the Spirit to Alaska June 18 again, if that happens (by some miracle) to be your sailing date, I'd love to join you. If not, there are boards such as cruisecritic.com and cruise@ddicts.com amongst others.

I do agree that dining solo at the supper club would be very boring. Perhaps you could start putting out the feelers early--we met people on the plane who were coming on our cruise this past June. We went the first night for reservations and there was only one night left, so yes, you do have to book early, but cancellations happen! You may end up meeting someone at your regular dining or elsewhere who'd want to go too and grab a cancellation. I know two people who decided they liked our group too much to give up dining with us cancelled their supper club reservation! That was flattering.

If it doesn't work out, it was a nice meal but the regular dining room meals are pretty spectacular too on the Spirit. I don't think you'd be missing out horribly. I probably won't do it this time, unless you're on the 6/18 trip and need a dining friend.

Denise

Carnival Spirit to Alaska