Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2002, 10:58 PM
First Mate

Default Have you cruised solo while not on a planned Single's Cruise

Besides Pat, who I know has, how many people have cruised solo without a planned single's trip, and what were your experiences? And Pat, how much do the singles planned trips differ from just going somewhere solo without the group?

Thanks!

Denise
Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2002, 08:10 AM
worktocruise

Default Re: Have you cruised solo while not on a planned Single's Cr

I cruise solo all the time and NEVER with a planned singles group. That's just the way I like it. I'm not one that has to be entertained. Besides I do what I want, when I want and don't want to have to do something or go some place because someone else wants me to or I feel I have to to be sociable.
Old November 14th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

I usually cruise solo and find it easier than travelling with someone you haven't roomed with before. It's often difficult to adjust to your cabinmate's habits such as sleeping schedule, housekeeping and personal hygene habits - not to mention snoring. It's nice to have the companionship, but another thing to share close quarters unless, of course, there's more than just friendship involved. You can usually make new friends on board or at least find others you have things in common with. I'm a little worried about my next cruise in that respect, since there may be few people in my age group. Maybe it will give me an opportunity to start writing my book.

Crystal Harmony, Alaskan Vistas
Old November 15th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Denise, I think organized singles vs. solo cruising depends on the person's personality. As for myself, I kind of enjoy cruising alone, because I can do what I want without worrying about other people. And I never lack for company if I want it. Heck, all you have to do is sit at any bar and before you know a crowd gathers and starts talking like they've known each other all their lives. The camaraderie of cruising, I suppose. However, I think if someone really wants to party hearty then an organized singles cruise with its cocktail parties, games, shore excursions, group dining, etc., etc. is the way to go.

Pat Hagan, Singles Editor, Cruisemates
Old November 18th, 2002, 12:19 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Have you cruised solo while not on a planned Single'

I've only been on one cruise, and I did notice the comraderie and friendliness were incredible. I didn't know if it was the itinerary (Alaska) or if they're all like that, but people seemed to be so social. Glad it's the norm and wasn't just a one-time thing!

Denise
Old November 18th, 2002, 01:46 AM
Luther

I have cruised solo my last 3 cruises. I have never lacked for charming and friendly company. Crew have always been attentive and pleasant. I am always pleased when the passengers of all ages and backgrounds. Kids don't bother me unless they are out of control, but that is true anywhere. Going Solo? If you are never lonely, you will certainly not be lonely on a cruise ship. Just jump right into any and all activities that attract you. Do nothing as it pleases you
Old November 20th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Denise,

I cruise solo quite often. On five of my twelve cruises, I have had a single friend or two in other cabins on the same vessel, but I don't necessarily solicit such arrangements. I have met a lot of wonderful people through my cruises!

Norm.