Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Myles

Default Luxury Cruises

I was curious if any agency that puts together these single's group cruises ever utilizes the more luxury oriented cruise lines.I realize,since the luxury cruise lines cater to a more affluent clientele with a more reserved attitude,that they would not be favorable to creating a party atmosphere on board.What I had in mind was a more reserved single's group being able to enjoy a gathering on a cruise that considers wine with meals,alcoholic beverages,caviar,tips and the like,as complimentary.Even though the initial cost of the cruise is more,when you consider all the perks,it really isn't.I have taken a luxury cruise before by myself and believe me,besides the extras mentioned above,there really is a difference in the gourmet cuisine and the more affluent do like to party also.
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Luxury Cruises

Myles, there certainly are organized cruises for those who aren't interested in the party-hearty type. For instance, Singles Travel International <www.singlestravelintl.com>
(1-877-765-6874) has a luxury cruise on Seabourne's beautiful Legend on 03/22/03, 7 nights from St. Thomas. Its pricy--$3390 including air (see website for details on free air.) Then on 07/13/03 there is the "Impressionist Art & Wine Cruise" on the Seine from Normandy to Paris, 7 nights, $2,998.

Plus: 08/26/03 - Istanbul & Greek Island Cruise, 10 nights (price to be announced) and
12/29/03 - Adults-Only New Years Eve Cruise aboard Celebrity's Mercury, 11 nights, (price to be announced).

Check them out. They may be what you are looking for.
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor---------------------------------------------------------------
Old February 20th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Nanci

Myles: I am a single female and was on my first Crystal cruise in November. It was fabulous and Crystal certainly does spoil you for any other cruise line. Even though it was not an organized singles group there were many solo travelers on board. If you find an organized luxury cruise, please let me know.
Old February 21st, 2003, 12:30 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Luxury Cruises

Miles and Nanci

Since you both seem interested in a luxury cruise, why dont we put our heads together and start planning one and see what we can come up with. Do you have any sailings you'd really think would be great? Share your ideas with me.
Old February 21st, 2003, 05:15 PM
Myles

Default Re: Re: Luxury Cruises

Ggeatings Pat,Nanci and Britney. Thanks for the communique. The Seabourn cruise sounded like what I had in mind,unfortunately I'll be unavailable for the March cruise. As for the Royal Olympic Greek cruise and the Mexican Riviera Celebrity cruise,neither is actually a luxury cruise with all the trimmings,however,I must admit the Celebrity cruise sounds very interesting. If I'm not mistaken,the Celebrity folks discontinued the complimentary Bloody Marys,Mimosas and wine with dinner on their adult-only cruises, although their cuisine is quite good,but it still sounds like a great way to spend New Years eve. I'll remain vigilant for any single's group luxury cruises. I've enjoyed conversing with all of you. Farewell for now.
Old February 21st, 2003, 11:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Nanci
Default Re: Re: Re: Luxury Cruises

Myles, Pat & Britney: I would certainly be interested in an upscale singles group cruise but would not like to travel overseas at this time. I will be cruising with my mother the end of November on the new Crystal Serenity round trip from Fort Lauderdale, 10 day Caribbean. I was on my first Crystal cruise (Symphony) last November and it was first class all the way!!! What a fabulous cruise and Crystal definitely spoils you for any other cruise line. Anyone interested?? Crystal has the best single supplement-----only 25%. If you are interested let me know.
Old February 25th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Tomtraveling

Myles,

I am also interested in only luxury cruises. I've been on 8 of my 20+ cruises and much prefer them. I'm now looking for like minded people to share cabins on these luxury trips which will average $250 + a day. Are you interested in finding singles to travel and share cost?

Regards,
tlh