Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Myles

Default Halloween/New Years cruises

I thought that Halloween would be a good time to cruise and participate in a costume party with a singles group. However,I noticed that the agencies booking singles groups have chosen to select cruises beginning on October 25th,which means that packing for home must take place by Halloween eve,thereby putting a damper on on an evening celebration.I found this curious,since there are many cruises from the same cruiselines that begin on October 26th and 27th,which would have allowed for carefree celebrating and time for recuperation. With one exception,I found the same situation for New Years eve,thereby putting a damper on that celebration also. Doesn't that seem a bit strange? Since I'm new to the singles scene,I was curious if the singles group cruise deals were always handled this way. It doesn't seem to be choice cruising dates to me. Oh well,I guess I'll just have to make a decision.
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Halloween/New Years cruises

Hello Myles,

Don't let thoughts of packing on Halloween dampen your enthusiasm. It's a breeze, really.

You are told to have your bags outside your cabin early in the evening, but I never put mine out till after 11 p.m. or later. The baggage collectors sweep up and down the halls till the wee hours of morning to make sure they have gotten every single suitcase, so you will have plenty of time to don your costume, make merry, then finish packing.

I do hope you consider an organized singles cruise for Halloween. It's a sure way to party with all the hobgoblins!

Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Old February 28th, 2003, 05:03 PM
harmony29

Default Re: Halloween/New Years cruises

You should go on a Halloween cruise! My boss just talked me into signing up for one. I have to admit Im a bit nervous as im pretty bashful. But last year I spent 3 weeks in Europe by myself and had a blast. So a singles cruise should be loads of fun. If you're really worried about the baggage, just pack your costume in your carryon bag along with what you need for the following morning. Write me if you decide on the Halloween cruise, maybe we can meet up!