Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2003, 12:07 AM
First Mate

Default Best on board dance club?

Which ship in anyones opinion has the best late night dance club/disco for dancing and people watching?
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2003, 04:21 PM
bbbb

Default Re: Best on board dance club?

In my opiion! Holland Americans Maasdam
Old May 11th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Chuck, this is a hard one. It depends on the passengers onboard during any particular cruise. If there is a large crowd of high schoolers, say for instance a graduation or spring break cruise, the Disco is going to rock till the wee hours. If you have a reunion of veterans, or maybe a business is taking their employees in large numbers, you'll see more "cliques" out swinging in the quieter dance lounges. So let's ask our Cruisemates Singles crowd what they think. How about it, everybody? Of the ships you have been on, which did you think had the liveliest dance crowd?

Pat Hagan, Singles Editor
Cruisemates
Old May 12th, 2003, 01:53 PM
CruiserKar

Default Re: Re: Best on board dance club?

Carnival Victory - July 2003....wild time at the Disco although I spent every evening but one at the Piano Bar....my favorite entertainment venue.

Cruiser Kar

Carnival Destiny - August 31, 2003
Old May 12th, 2003, 09:06 PM
myles

I'm not really qualified to answer that question since I've only been on Royal Caribbean and Norwegian cruise lines twice and Princess and Celebrity cruise lines once, however, I have been on Carnival cruise lines several times. It is my impression that the amount of dancing is more a factor of the destinations instead of the cruise ships. It seems to me that cruises going to destinations that are more for sightseeing, history or environmental views are generally for the older crowd and less likely to focus on dancing. Some examples of this would be Alaska,Europe,destinations known for ruins and the like. On the other hand, I believe cruises going to destinations known for their beaches, scuba diving, snorkeling and party fun are much more likely to be envolved with dancing. Some examples of this would be the Mexican Riviera, Aruba, Barbados and the Bahamas as well as many more places. As I said, this is just my impression and I have no facts with which to validate my opinion. Maybe someone else can give you a more definitive answer. The only thing that I can attest to is that I have never been on a cruise that I didn't enjoy. That's not to say that everything has always been perfect, but rather that I prefer to focus on the positive and refuse to let little things ruin my cruises.
Old July 18th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Duker
Default Re: Re: Re: Best on board dance club?

The dance club on the Carnival Pride was OK, but I also spent most of my time in the Piano Bar.

Conquest 3/04
Old July 23rd, 2003, 11:06 AM
Shipbound

Default Re: Re: Best on board dance club?

The best dance clubs that I have been on were the cruises that I took on CCL during the early 1990's. I think this was the case because were not many families on the ships and CCL had a party boat reputation. I have no favorite dance clubs now since
it seems to me that the clubs are over run with teens