Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Renshei

Default Fascination 6/2/03

I just signed up for my very first cruise. I'm a 31 year old guy travelling solo. Hope it's going to be a good time. (a bit nervous about the whole thing )
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Fascination 6/2/03

Please don't be nervous. Make up your mind to have a good time. Leave all your reservations, shyness, etc., at home and be determined to be outgoing, friendly, and make the most of every single moment you are onboard. Do not waste a second sitting in your cabin!!

If you find yourself not seated with other singles in the dining room, go to the Maitre 'd and ask if there are other singles you could dine with. If there is a singles party the first night, attend. If not, introduce yourself to the Cruise Director and ask him/her to help you get introduced to others traveling solo.

Someone gave me a tip recently regarding finding others cruising alone. They said they go to the photo gallery as soon as the Embarkation photos are posted and check them over to see those pictured without a companion, then look for them to introduce themselves. (Of course, this might not always work. They might be traveling with someone--like a spouse--who, for some reason or other does not want to be photographed...or maybe they were still checking baggage,etc., so be careful.)

And do go to the Singles Section of Cruisemates and read all my articles for tips on how to make the most of your solo cruise.

Have fun...and smooth sailing!
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor
Old April 2nd, 2003, 10:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Fascination 6/2/03

Renshei - I just got back from my Fascination trip on Monday - What a blast!!! I didn't travel alone however, but there were many other singles traveling alone. We met a bunch of them in the 88 piano bar and just had the time of our lives. I do believe the first night they did have a singles party as well.

Have fun!