Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2003, 07:02 PM
alpusachni

Default ANy suggestions???

I'm 26 and was planning on taking a trip with a group of friends but it looks that may not work out. I am really wanting to go on a cruise(thinking Carribean or Mexico) I went on a Cruise to Alaska last summer and loved it.
I just dont want to be all alone and feel stupid. How easy is it to meet people to hang out with/talk too etc... I get along with all age groups, but I really want to meet 20 somethings, as I dont have children yet and I'm also not into the "party all night" stuff either. I do like to have fun and I like to out to bars/clubs but not like I used too say 5yrs ago.
So what is the best ship for me, I had heard Carnvial has a lot of solo 20 somethings--any other lines you'd reccomend.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2003, 07:00 AM
debscruise

Default Re: ANy suggestions???

Although you have many choices of cruise lines, I would highly recommend sticking to Carnival. Most of the other cruise lines cater to families/couples. Carnival is known as the "Fun Ships" and their ships are the best choice for singles. If you're traveling alone, you might want to look into booking with an organized singles group. By doing so, you're guaranteed to cruise with other singles (so you won't feel uncomfortable). An organized singles cruise will offer private activities where the singles can mix/mingle, including a separate area of the dining room, cocktail parties, games, etc. Otherwise, if you choose just any regular cruise, you may find only a few (if any) singles like yourself (with no designated place to meet). www.SinglesCruise.com offers many cruise dates throughout the year with an average of 150-350 singles on each.
Old March 21st, 2003, 03:09 PM
alpusachni

Default Re: Re: ANy suggestions???

I looked into their cruises and there is one from May 22-26th which is the only one I might be able to do. I am supp to have a final(I went back to school this year) on the 22nd but if I can take it early I will most likely go on that cruise.
Old March 21st, 2003, 09:56 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Re: Re: ANy suggestions???

This is the cruise I will be doing. If you decide to go, be sure to introduce yourself. I'll be helping out at the registration desk during check-in.

Pat Hagan, Singles Editor, Cruisemates