Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:08 PM
myles

Default Singles Spotlight 2003

I read your article under "singles spotlight 2003" and agree that agencies like SinglesCruise.com deserve recognition for filling the void that sincle cruisers have had to content with for many years. I was also delighted to hear that they are going to increase the number of cruises next year. They have a great concept that simplifies everything from meeting other singles to dining arrangements to singles activities and everything in-between and at the same time keeps everything affordable. However, it has been said many times that the cruise ship is just as much a destination as is a port of call and that is certainly true. I have been on several cruise ships sailing under the flags of Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Princess, Celebrity and the like, as well as Carnival. It seems that this agency prefers Carnival to the other cruise lines in the areas where they sail. Now don't get me wrong, Carnival is a fun cruise line and very enjoyable, but just like ports of call, it great to have variety. I have found that each cruise ship line, and ship for that matter, has it's own personality as well as differences in entertainment and cuisine. I would hope that this agency would apply it's wonderful concept to other cruise lines and broaden the scope of cruising experiences. As I mentioned before, the cruise ship is another destination and we can't have enough different destinations. In addition to the cruise ship being a destination, there also are some 7 day cruise ports of call destination differences, such as Hispaniola visited by Royal Caribbean and Grenada and Caracas visited by Princess, just to name a few in the caribbean. Of course, Carnival goes to Santo Domingo, but they go there on the smoke free Paradise, which could be an inhibiting factor when trying to attract a large group. Again, let me commend SinglesCruise.com for being on the cutting edge and making cruising so enjoyable for those of us who are single.
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2003, 11:51 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to GMA
Default Re: Singles Spotlight 2003

I am considering a first-time cruise going through Singlescruise.com
Have you had a good experience with the agency?
Also, how are they at matching roomates?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I look forward to sailing in the future, but would be more relaxed if I didnt have
to go into it completely blinded, without any word of mouth.
Please reply to my emai: SnfdLvr@nc.rr.com
Thank you.
GMA