Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2003, 11:07 AM
Passenger

Default Help! RCCL vs Carnival, best $ value, fun for 30s singles

I'm planning a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise in November/December with a group of girlfriends. It's my first cruise, and I'm trying to find the best quality ship/service/food in an atmosphere where a group of single 30s girls will have fun. One of the girls is hell bent on seeing Belize, so I'm taking that into consideration. I'd love any advice on my "finalists"~

CCL Inspiration (Tampa, Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize for $399+)
CCL Glory (Port Canaveral, Key West, Belize, Cozumel, Progreso/Merida for $549+)
RCCL Empress (Tampa, Cayman, Belize, Cozumel for $419+)
RCCL Voyager (Miami, Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Cayman for $599+)

Voyager and Glory are more than the Inspiration and Empress, and I'm wondering if the extras are worth it.

Post Edited (06-22-03 20:39)
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2003, 07:00 PM
Myles

Default Re: Help! RCCL vs Carnival, best $ value, fun for 30s single

Well, the largest ship is the RCCL Voyager which carries over 3000 passengers. It also has a rock climbing wall,golf course and ice rink which the others do not have. It's fairly new, (went into service in 1999). The other 3 are all about the same size and carry around 2000 passengers. the RCCL Nordic Empress is the oldest (went into service in 1990) followed by the Carnival Inspiration (went into service in 1996) and lastly the Carnival Glory (which is brand new). The Carnival Inspiration and the RCCL Voyager will probably have more singles onboard than the other 2 due mainly to the price on the Inspiration and the rock climbing wall on the Voyager. The Empress is getting a little old and doesn't look as nice as the others. If you're not into rock climbing walls, the Inspiration gives you the most bang for the buck. Also, I might mention even though the Voyager is a larger and real neat ship, It may seem crowded at times due to the number of passengers. Any one of the ships would probably be enjoyable, especially if it goes to Grand Cayman, the home of Stingray City. Of course, if you really want to meet singles, I would probably look for the itinerary you want on a singles group like the ones listed elsewhere on this site. Everything I've said is just my opinion and others will probably answer your question with more insight than I did. Good luck and have fun.
Old June 22nd, 2003, 08:37 PM
Passenger

Myles, Have you cruised on all four ships?
Old June 23rd, 2003, 08:57 AM
Myles

Default Re: Re: Help! RCCL vs Carnival, best $ value, fun for 30s si

I have not been on the glory as it just hit the water this year. Also I haven't been on the Empress, but had some good friends sail on her and they weren't overly impressed. I have been on the Voyager and the Inspiration and I thought they were both great. Maybe someone will reply to your inquiry who has been on all of them. I'm sure the cruisemates staff has some good information on these ships, as well as some of these perpetual cruisers. Smooth Sailing.
Old June 26th, 2003, 01:16 PM
alex

I've sailed on 3 of the four. Hated the Inspiration. Like the Empress but think your best bet is the Voyager. It's worth the money and rock climbing is not the only advantage. It is newer, larger, more elegant, better pool are, great gym and spa, better food and a wide variety of pax.
Old June 27th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Passenger

We decided on the CCL Glory, on December 6. We got a great price, $436 total pp for 4 of us, and I'm so excited about sailing on a new ship!

5 months to go...
Old July 7th, 2003, 05:34 PM
First Mate

Why go limit yourself to Western when Eastern and Southern Carribean are much more pretty? I vote Carnival over the Royal Carribean for single party cruisers.