Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2003, 10:35 PM
BoozeBabe

Default Sending my sons on a cruise

For Christmas presents to my 2 sons, we are sending them on a cruise. It was their suggestion. #1 son is 33 and just coming out of a nasty divorce...no kids. Son #2 is 30 and never been married.

They can't go until after March 1, 2004 because of their jobs. Not a problem for them.

My dilemma is where to send them and which ship. They are smokers so the Paradise is out. Are there still "singles cruises" around? Thats what they asked for. Since hubby and I are in our 50's we don't keep up on these things. They are "partiers" who both work in the alcohol beverage industry.

ANY SUGGESTIONS---PLEASE????
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Hondo

Default Re: Sending my sons on a cruise

Hello:

You're in the right place to find the information. If you go up one page to the singles calendar you will find a breakout of the cruises that are offered that are advertised as singles.

I've been on a singles cruise with Windjammer Barefoot cruises. They are different than a regular "foo-foo" singles cruise. Windjammer is more laid back than the regular ships. They are not for everyone. The people that love them, really love them, I'm one of them, and the people that hate them, will probably never go on them again.

I've also signed up for one of the singles cruises with Deb. I'm beginning to have doubts about this cruise but I've been to several of the islands and like them. The lady that hosts this board is going so I'm looking forward in talking to her and getting ideas. Maybe I can even talk here into a seminar or two.

It also depends on where you want to go and do. I was thinking about the singles cruise up to Alaska but I've decided to take the coastal ferries for a month. Most of the singles cruises are in the Caribbean but not all.

Hopefully this will help a little. I was in the same boat a year ago when I saw a special for the travel channel. When they played Amazing Grace I knew it was for me.

Matt
Old August 17th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Sending my sons on a cruise

While I have not put the 2004 singles cruise calendar together as the different agencies are still scheduling, I am sure if you contact the ones listed on the singles cruise calendar (in Cruisemates' singles section) they can give you information as to what they are planning.

Please email me if you have specific questions. I am here to help.

Pat Hagan, Singles Editor, Cruisemates